Unbearable H80i noise

Ok, so this has been a long process. I originally had the H80 and it seems solid. the fans didn't seem to make much noise, but there was an issue with the pump making some strange sounds, like there was air in it or something. It was intermittent, didn't make a lot of noise, but was noticeable. The fans themselves were fine.

So while I have had the H80 off for RMA I have had my Intel stock cooler in. In my 300R this thing was pretty loud, and the worst part was how it would speed up and slow down almost constantly. So no I have a Define R4, and the Intel stock heatsink and fan were very quiet in the system, but the temps were obviously hot. I just installed the H80i cooler that I got back from the RMA process and it is killing me.

On idle, this thing is making quite a bit of noise. Under load, it is crazy loud. The worst part is that is has this short pulsating noise. It goes up and down pretty quickly and is noticeable whether I am idle or under load, though it is much worse when under load. Do the fans on the H80i just have problems? Did I get a bad kit? These things are crazy loud. I would say the H80i fans at idle are twice as loud as the Define R4 case fans are at maximum. I am going to be pissed if I have to take this whole thing apart after I got it all installed and got all my cables run very nicely where they need to go.

Stock Corsair fans are extremely loud. When I bought my Corsair 550D the fans were pretty loud considering it was supposed to be a quiet case. My advice would be to replace the fan with something quieter.

Stock Corsair fans are extremely loud. When I bought my Corsair 550D the fans were pretty loud considering it was supposed to be a quiet case. My advice would be to replace the fan with something quieter.
I really hope the solution isn't to get different fans. There is no way I am spending more money on this for crap products. I am trying to get Corsair Link to work and can't figure this out for the life of me. The software shows temps and whatnot, but it doesn't seem to recognize that I am using the H80i. It doesn't give me any settings to decrease or increase the fan profile. The H80 was much simpler with the hardware button.

The worst part is that the pulsating almost echoes through my whole room. I hear the primary sound, and then I hear a quieter pulse that sounds like it is coming from the right of me, I think i might go insane.

It may be the location of the pump thats causing the noise. Where is the pump located? Make sure that the pump and radiator are on the same level or the pump higher then the radiator. If the pump is below the radiator, the laws of gravity will be against the water flow in the tubes. The water is being forced to move up causing air bubbles to form.

Can't you hook the fan to the H80i to the motherboard fan header? I did that to my H100 so I could control the fan speed from my built in fan controller on my motherboard. The pulsing may be the fan vibrating off your case since I've had that happen to me before. Only solution if that's what's causing it is to get rubber screws for the fan or a rubber washer to cut down on the vibration.

Try hooking the fans for the H80i to your motherboard instead of plugging them into the block. If may or may not solve your problem but it's a simple thing to try and see if it works or not. If the fans are still loud then you will need to buy quieter fans. If you're unwilling to buy quieter fans then I really have no idea what to tell you. Even if you get rid of the H80i and go with another cooler you'll most likely still run into a problem of the fans being too loud!

Hook them into the H80i and use there fan controller to adjust the fans or invest in some new fans

Alright, I got it all figured out for now. The problem was that Corsair Link wasn't recognizing the H80i. I plugged it in to a different USB header and it started to work. I set the profile to silent and it is much quieter. The default setting had the fans cranking away at 2000RPM. The silent profile has a range of around 800-1300RPM so it is a major difference.

Everything seems to be working well right now but I don't think I could recommend the H80i (or presumably the H100i) to anybody looking into getting a closed loop cooler. All they managed to do with this new line of coolers is make them more complicated than necessary.