Have I got this right?

Ok so I've read the FAQ and watching the video Linus posted but I'm still really confused about this whole push/pull thing. I just want to know if I have gotten this right. 

Pull with fans on Top. So "Pulling" air through the heatsink and out the top of the case (Less chance of dust build up).

Push with fans on Top. So "Pushing" air through the heatsink and into the case, can cause dust build up.
Pull with fans on Bottom. So "Pulling" air through the heatsink from the top of the case, can cause dust build up.
Push with fans on Bottom. So "Pushing" air from the case, through the heatsink and out the top exhaust (Less chance of dust build up)

Based on the videos and FAQ it seems that Pull is better/more ideal but do I put the fans on the top or the bottom? Have I got the above right?

Thank you for your time.
Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Yeah sounds about right  

Whether push or pull is better. Well honestly I have mine in push on the bottom of the rad so I can see the fans so they're not covered by the rad, cant imagine its going to make much difference I think Linus recommends pull on top so its easier to clean 

It doesn't matter on the position of the fans

Basically more intake than exhaust means positive pressure which causes slightly worse temps but reduces dust build up.

More exhaust than intake means negative pressure, which causes more dust but better temps

Though it's always a good idea to keep your fans intaking through front/bottom and exhausting out back/top to keep good directional airflow and help reduce hotspots caused by fans fighting each other for airflow, this doesn't really affect the pressure inside the case in any meaningful way though.

Yeah that sounds good. However i would always mount the top fans as exhaust fans because of thermal-stuff. :)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Thanks. Very helpful. Will put fans on Top in Pull when I get round to building the PC :)

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

if your intakes aren't filtered you'll get more dust in your case. the more ambient dust you have the more will get in your case. 

pull fans are nice since it makes it easier to clean the rads since the fans wont be in the way.