Lookong to overhaul my pc

Okay, my current pc is a box store hp pavillion P7-1154 (literally junk)

In an attempt to see it play some games i miss playing like 40k dawn of war, midevil total war 2 and still i have never seen mods run on sw empire are war (the mod launcher never worked for me nor did any tutorial work) also would love to compare minecraft bedrock on pc to my xbox one x.  But mostly pcs imo are for rts games for which my pc cannot run well (kinda it seems to run vanilla empire at war fine with graphic turned up across the board but i didnt play any large battles yet.)

My current build

Stock aahd3-hb motherboard

12 gb of pc3 1333 ram

Stock a6 3600 apu

Xfx amd rx560 gpu

1tb hdd 120gb ssd*

600w evga ps

Old gaming case with lots of room.

What drove me to start upgrading my pc was the new tv i bought.  My on board graphic could not send hdmi signal out and my new lg 4k tv did not accept dvi connect to hdmi.  

It was orginally purched to be an htpc but after xbox one came out i no longer needed a bluray player so i abonaded getting a bluray drive for my pc and it sat in the corner.  

Im in the stages of planning what i should buy for a budget build to get back into rts games which seem to all ne pretty old but this pc can not play midevil total war 2 comfortably.

Also as this is a living room based tv the other reason i dont use it is because mouse and keyboards are not lap friendly.  Any suggestions for how to get a lap setup that will be m-n-kb friendly will be greatly appriciated.

My current idea for upgrading what i have minumlly is to get these parts

X470 motherboard

Ryzen 5 2400g apu

16gb 3.0ghz ram

And lastly i have a win10 os issue.  When installed on the hdd the os shutsdown properly but when i install the os on the ssd it will not shut down properly ever.  The os shuts down but then after windows says bye the case stays powered on.  Even the guys at geeksquad could not figure that out and all the web search solutions i found failed to fix this issue.  My only thought is that the current motherboard was not designed to handle the speed of an ssd and it does not accept the cue to shutdown bc the ssd is too fast for the motherboard.  But if i replace the motherboard the problem should go away then.

Ok so i'm gonna just go down the list here, so bear with me. I had some trouble understanding some of your grammar, but i believe i got what you mean for the most part.

With your pc's current parts, since you aren't wanting to upgrade them we're definitely looking at a new motherboard, new ram, and a new CPU. That motherboard uses DDR3 ram, which isn't that bad but it's still outdated by the current DDR4 standard, and you don't really see any new boards supporting DDR3. That being said, this is the build i've put together for you: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dJrN4q

(This build is assuming that you're going to be using the same storage devices, case, and power supply that you're currently using (Although i'd recommend that if your power supply is older than 5 years, i'd replace it to be safe)).

CPU: I put in the cpu that you had requested.

Motherboard: Asus makes very good quality/reliable boards, and the Prime X470-Pro is a great option as it isn't too expensive and offers great future potential for the build. I've been building with Asus' boards for years now and have never had any issues, aside from one that was caused by user error.

RAM/Memory: I put 2 4GB sticks of ram in there, giving you a total of 8 GB, which should be enough for most games you'll be playing, and you can get more in the future if you'd like.

Graphics Card: A GTX 1060 SSC is a perfect mid range card at a good price (i ran one in my build for a little over a year, it handles AAA games VERY well), the only issue is that aside from OutletPC, you might not find one below $300 anywhere as they're going up in price due to the RTX series.

Lastly, your windows 10 issue isn't really a concern anymore, as you're going to have to buy a new copy of it anyways (Windows rarely works when moved to a new motherboard/PC, and even then will make you reactivate it anyways), unless you bought one that can be transferred to a new PC. Although as to what's causing the shutdown issue, it's really a PC by PC basis as windows can hang on shutting down for many many reasons, my rig used to as well (windows 7) but just stopped doing it at one point.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, although bear in mind it's 10:3 PM where i am so i'll be going to bed for tonight :)

1 hour ago, Axeoasis said:

-build list-

This build isnt all that great when it comes to value. It misses some key valuecomponents in the current market along with some other tid bits

@Vaurapung what is your budget?

Do you need peripherals and monitor?

Region?

21 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

This build isnt all that great when it comes to value. It misses some key valuecomponents in the current market along with some other tid bits

@Vaurapung what is your budget?

Do you need peripherals and monitor?

Region?

The build would be able to play most games he requested at good settings, along with having a bit of a building ground for any improvements in the future.

I did my best on a short notice with the parts he requested which don't come cheap. If you can do better please do, as my list was only as a quick estimate with parts i know to be reliable and on the value end ? if possible i think it'd be good to give him a build with some decent future potential. Of course he still needs to provide a budget however.

14 minutes ago, Axeoasis said:

If you can do better please do

yep

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $164.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $76.00 @ Newegg Business
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $104.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Kingston - A400 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $0.00
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card XFX - Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS XXX ED Video Card $189.89 @ OutletPC
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $595.87
  Mail-in rebates -$60.00
  Total $535.87
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-14 02:30 EST-0500  

there's no need for a x470 if you don't want sli, so I added a b450 board here, so you can still overclock

the ripjaws are 3000 cas15 compared to 2133 cas15

the hdd and ssd are just to show it fits, they are randomly chosen

the 580 is on par with a 1060 and is much cheaper

the 2600 has 2 more cores, but lacks graphics

14 minutes ago, Axeoasis said:

The build would be able to play most games he requested at good settings, along with having a bit of a building ground for any improvements in the future.

Im going to post a build when i know the budget.

But your build had the following flaws:

1. Gtx 1060 6GB when the Rx 580 8GB costs 50$ less and is just as good
  2. Buying singlestick ddr4 memmory seperatly (not a dealbreaker)
  3. 2133mhz memmory when it is not worth buying that slow memmory at all.
  4. Buying an extra cooler(when you dont need to
  5. The r5 2600 exists instead of the 2400G

Some other things but these are the main ones. (Also while the OP requests a X series board, check to see if actually needs it at all)

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Im going to post a build when i know the budget.

But your build had the following flaws:

1. Gtx 1060 6GB when the Rx 580 8GB costs 50$ less and is just as good
  2. Buying singlestick ddr4 memmory seperatly (not a dealbreaker)
  3. 2133mhz memmory when it is not worth buying that slow memmory at all.
  4. Buying an extra cooler(when you dont need to
  5. The r5 2600 exists instead of the 2400G

Some other things but these are the main ones. (Also while the OP requests a X series board, check to see if actually needs it at all)

look above ya...

we were competing, right?

Edited by LukeSavenije

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

look above ya...

No lol. No one had responded yet when i did so i took a swing at it ?‍♂️

I like the one you came up with ?

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

look above ya...

As a loyal citizen of the LTT Commune and worshipper of Komi-san. I only offer the neccesary components to offer the best experience to the end consumer. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

As a loyal citizen of the LTT Commune and worshipper of Komi-san. I only offer the neccesary components to offer the best experience to the end consumer. 

and I offer them a idea to finetune, we all have our own ways

Sorry for my grammar.  Its horrible when im typing with a virtual keyboard.

So my budget is cheap as possible to get my computer to boot and run with room to upgrade it.  

I see a lot of people agree on the 4xx motherboard.

I see heat on the cpu.  I moved to a r5 since it has double the threads of an r3 is i go for the lesser r5 now i would plan to go above the r5 to a higher core apu.  Will the 4xx motherboard utilize an r7 or higher before the motherboard maxes out.

What is my rx560 gpu capable of and since i already own one is it worth it to crossfire with a second 560 since they are only 130 usd.

Corsair vengence ram is 128 usd for 3000mhz 2x 8gb.

My power supply is all but new

I plan to boot up on my 120gb ssd

And store on my 1tb hdd. 

So take away.  I dont use my pc because it dont shut down properly.  The new motherboard may fix this issue.  The new motherboard means new ram and new cpu.  My budget is cheap as possible now but room to upgrade win my finances are better.

Periphial.  65" lg 4k tv

I have a mouse n keyboard wired and wireless.

But would love some opinions for a good on the lap solution for mouse and keyboard.  Like how to use a mouse n keyboard when sitting on a sofa crosslegged.