i7 7700/7700k with GTX 1050

I have an Intel Pentium G4560 with a GTX 1050 which is a super budget build but it worked for gaming getting like 80-120 FPS. I want to be able to stream and play games like Fortnite and CS:GO and I need advice. Should I buy a CPU or GPU, and which one. I have about $465 (CAD) right now and can possibly get some more money (a small amount). I only have a 60hz monitor so I am not sure what to upgrade.

Motherboard: AsRock H110M-HDS

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560

Full Build: 

6 minutes ago, campy said:

Do you have the H110 motherboard or the B250 motherboard?

You cant overclock on either chipset, so a 7700K wouldnt be worth the cost over a 7700.

Streaming and those two games are more CPU bound, i would go for a 7700 first. Later upgrade to a high end GPU.

What might be a better option for the time being is to upgrade your more "background" parts. Better motherboard, psu, more ram, maybe get some nice case fans for that MA01 (decent matx case but if you paid 40$ for it, you way over paid for that case, i got mine for 22 usd).

Then dump money into a 7700K and 1080ti or something.

sorry i have the H110 mobo idk why it was like that, the reason why i mentioned 7700k was because it has a 4.2ghz vs 3.6ghz. so should i upgrade the cpu or background things because my cpu is straight ass and everything takes super long. also i didnt spend that much on the case, just around 30 cad

11 minutes ago, faizannoor said:

sorry i have the H110 mobo idk why it was like that, the reason why i mentioned 7700k was because it has a 4.2ghz vs 3.6ghz. so should i upgrade the cpu or background things because my cpu is straight ass and everything takes super long. also i didnt spend that much on the case, just around 30 cad

I would suspect things are running super slow likely because you are running on a slow hard drive and not a solid state drive. I would probably get a 7700k or 7700 and a ssd to use as a boot drive. The ssd will make a world of difference much more so than a cpu upgrade when it comes to the overall snappyness of the computer. Solid state drives are super cheap right now too and all you need is 256gb ssd for a boot drive. 120 can work but they aren't much cheaper than a 256. Honestly 500gb drives are probably the sweet spot but if it isn't within budget just get the 256. 

DO not buy a 1050, either buy Ryzen with the igpu or 7700 with non oc mobo or 7700k with oc mobo and a better gpu like a 1060/2060/70/80

Just now, Canada EH said:

DO not buy a 1050, either buy Ryzen with the igpu or 7700 with non oc mobo or 7700k with oc mobo and a better gpu like a 1060/2060/70/80

The PC part picker list has my current specs, im not building a new PC, just upgrading

26 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I would suspect things are running super slow likely because you are running on a slow hard drive and not a solid state drive. I would probably get a 7700k or 7700 and a ssd to use as a boot drive. The ssd will make a world of difference much more so than a cpu upgrade when it comes to the overall snappyness of the computer. Solid state drives are super cheap right now too and all you need is 256gb ssd for a boot drive. 120 can work but they aren't much cheaper than a 256. Honestly 500gb drives are probably the sweet spot but if it isn't within budget just get the 256. 

would this work?

https://www.amazon.ca/Zheino-240gb-Internal-Notebook-Desktop/dp/B07DK6YDS5/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1547441842&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=240gb+ssd&psc=1

Maybe think about replacing the PSU      ...

6 minutes ago, ears_ears said:

Maybe think about replacing the PSU      ...

i asked many people online and they said the psu should be fine until i upgrade my gpu

Just now, faizannoor said:

i asked many people online and they said the psu should be fine until i upgrade my gpu

group regulated, yikes...

1 minute ago, ears_ears said:

group regulated, yikes...

not sure what you mean

1 minute ago, faizannoor said:

not sure what you mean

it regulates the 12v and 5v rails together, and when 90+% of the power consumption of the system is coming from 12v rail, the 5v rail can go out of spec and damage components...

If you can, go for a better PSU, 7700(NON-K) and possibly a 144hz monitor if you are looking at more competitive scenes. The 1050 will possibly get you by for the next year or two, but look to upgrade that in the future as well. You can find used PSUs on eBay and lookout for cheap 144hz monitor deals at buildmypcsales at reddit. Good luck!

2 hours ago, faizannoor said:

I have an Intel Pentium G4560 with a GTX 1050 which is a super budget build but it worked for gaming getting like 80-120 FPS. I want to be able to stream and play games like Fortnite and CS:GO and I need advice. Should I buy a CPU or GPU, and which one. I have about $465 (CAD) right now and can possibly get some more money (a small amount). I only have a 60hz monitor so I am not sure what to upgrade.

Motherboard: AsRock H110M-HDS

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560

Full Build: 

@faizannoor 

ryzen 5 2600 OR ryzen 7 1700x ~ $160

get a USED* graphics card off ebay, you can get a GTX 980ti for around $200 or $250. OR get a 6gb 1060 used for around $150 - $180.

then get a mATX b350 motherboard new for like $75

and another 8gb DDR4 RAM for $75

BAM the best $500 you've ever spent in your life.

If you want, I have a EVGA 980ti still under warranty I can sell you for $250 USD.

AND - there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying used hardware, especially when it comes to graphics cards.

DO NOT buy a 7700k - unless you're getting a great deal on a used on for under $150 then what's the point?

i just got a BRAND NEW mATX Asus Prime B350-M-E mobo for $29.99 by pairing it with a ryzen 5 2600 today at Microcenter (US-based store) which give bundle deals like that.

you can find deals EVERYWHERE you just need to look.

i would love to help you with this build if you have any questions..

oh and by the way - there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a 60hz monitor. that is the last thing you should worry about upgrading.

give me an exact budget and i will get you the most bang for your buck, trust me - I do used part/budget builds all the time to sell them.

CPU: Intel i5-9600k | MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite z390 | RAM: 16gb (4 x 4gb) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti | Storage: 500gb Samsung 860 vNand SSD x2 & 1tb WD Caviar Blue HDD

Chassis: NZXT h700i White w/ RGB LED | Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro RGB AIO & 6x Corsair AF120 fans White LED

Screens: 2x 27" Acer HA270 Ultra Slim LED | Peripherals: MSI Interceptor RGB DS4200 Key & D200 Mouse

@faizannoor as a matter of fact, I FORBID YOU to spend your money on a 7700k and a 2gb 1050.

DO NOT!

please, inbox me - i'm going to hook you up.

CPU: Intel i5-9600k | MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite z390 | RAM: 16gb (4 x 4gb) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti | Storage: 500gb Samsung 860 vNand SSD x2 & 1tb WD Caviar Blue HDD

Chassis: NZXT h700i White w/ RGB LED | Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro RGB AIO & 6x Corsair AF120 fans White LED

Screens: 2x 27" Acer HA270 Ultra Slim LED | Peripherals: MSI Interceptor RGB DS4200 Key & D200 Mouse

1 hour ago, faizannoor said:

https://www.amazon.ca/240GB-AData-SU650-2-5-inch-Solid/dp/B075R9X8BR/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1547448977&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=240gb+ssd&dpPl=1&dpID=31nyRLjURKL&ref=plSrch 

I have never heard of the brand of sad you linked so I have a hard time recommending it. Adata is a more budget oriented ssd maker but it should still be much faster than a hard drive and get the job done. I know quite a few people who use adata and haven't had any issues with them.