Off topic, silly idea

So I had an idea recently....

What do you guys think of making an air conditioner out of water cooling parts? I'm probably not going to do it, it's just a thought :P

I was thinking maybe you could get an esky, fill it up with ice and put a few large resevoirs in it, get some sort of box and put it on top of the esky, mount a few rads on it, tube it and fill it all up and mounts fans, a pump and a small psu, etc. in the box.

It might work for smaller areas, although it's probably more expensive than what it's worth :P

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Cool idea, but it wouldn't be efficient.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

Would look cool, but not work nearly as good :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

What do you guys think of making an air conditioner out of water cooling parts? I'm probably not going to do it, it's just a thought :P

I was thinking maybe you could get an esky, fill it up with ice and put a few large resevoirs in it, get some sort of box and put it on top of the esky, mount a few rads on it, tube it and fill it all up and mounts fans, a pump and a small psu, etc. in the box.

It might work for smaller areas, although it's probably more expensive than what it's worth :P

the heatwaves getting to you isnt it?

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

How about we make water cooling parts out of an air conditioner?

I would probably do it if I had the money to waste! Hanging rads all over the place to chill your room to a cool yet comfortable temperature both for you and your computer. However I live in Norway, so if you can make it heat my room up instead I'm sold :)

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

WC loops are for removing heat from an area or object. Air conditioning units remove heat from air and blow it into a room. They are two different things meant for different things.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

How about we make water cooling parts out of an air conditioner?

Google phase change CPU coolers. 

Loud but -18 C temps are awesome!

Google phase change CPU coolers. 

Loud but -18 C temps are awesome!

Yeah I've read up a ton about it before, always wanted to do it but never had the balls to so I've stuck with watercooling :D

I wouldn't blame him too. It's 32 at my place right now in Melbs and my thermomitor was reading 47 at around 2. Crazy shit

at work it was 50....

(not lying i swear)

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

at work it was 50....

(not lying i swear)

Screw that!

Fortunately I have a very reliable air con at work, at home, not so much :/

I would probably do it if I had the money to waste! Hanging rads all over the place to chill your room to a cool yet comfortable temperature both for you and your computer. However I live in Norway, so if you can make it heat my room up instead I'm sold :)

R9 290(x), friend ;)

the heatwaves getting to you isnt it?

I wouldn't blame him too. It's 32 at my place right now in Melbs and my thermomitor was reading 47 at around 2. Crazy shit

Australia, everyone!

Yeah I've read up a ton about it before, always wanted to do it but never had the balls to so I've stuck with watercooling :D

I'd have the balls to do it I just don't have the money. Same for WC unfortunately.

I'd have the balls to do it I just don't have the money. Same for WC unfortunately.

Yeah true, I have some throwaway parts that I might one day try it on just to test the waters with. Right now my focus is more on doing some more unique things with watercooling loops :)

I swear, once the watercooling bug gets you there's no turning back

R9 290(x), friend ;)

Australia, everyone!

Sounds expensive! But good point! :P

Btw, there was a guy here in Norway that used water to warm his bathroom, but he also used that same water to chill his cpu. So similar things have been done.

http://www.idg.no/pcworld/tips_og_guider/maskinvare/pc/article202145.ece

You guys might not understand much, but it have been done.

Edit, Threw this into google trans for you guys:

When Sturle Melvær Sunde would redecorate a small bathroom in the winter , he chose to focus on central heating in the floor. From before he had scored with water cooled pc to reduce the noise level , the newspaper Firda according BT.no .

This continued in the winter. According Firda he laid water pipes from the bathroom down to the Home Office below. There, he connected the pipes together with the computer, via a small pump that is on the floor.

Also read : Why you choose water cooling

The graphics card and processor heats the water to 33 degrees before the water is pumped into the bathroom floor. In the system there are three liters of water in circulation. On normal days , this is enough to keep badromstemperaturen up , writes Firda . But when the cold day comes, Sunde a solution for that too :

- In the bathroom I installed a sensor sends a message to the machine at a low temperature . When starting your PC a calculator program , and thus the temperature rises in the computer, and thus the bathroom.

Sunde says to Firda that he spent about a thousand dollars and saves around 2,000 per year to the original solution.

Would you like to win a van

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

Actually guys, if you just used old watercooling parts from old builds you had laying around, or if money didn't really matter... Would it use less energy than a standard air conditioner? Also, it probably wouldn't dry out the air, which absolutely wreaks havoc on a lot of people with dry skin and similar things

You could use aircon but it wouldn't be easy, its been done but that said why not just install a car radiator or use a fan off the car radiator with a large tower cpu cooler.

I think it would be cooler if someone used the radiator and fan from a car on their water cooling loop.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

9.jpg

Easy! Might use 2 of em!

it'd be much more effective and prolly cheaper just to get a portable AC unit.  and you won't have worry about switching out the ice when it melts

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

...Wouldn't it be much easier to mount a fan behind the ice and blow the air that comes off of it?

You could even put that in a coffee jar and have a portable ac, but you'd have to replace the ice quite often (Unless you insulated the coffee jar, then you would have to replace it even less)

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

this is already a thing. called BONG cooling.

bong2.jpg

just have to keep an ice supply for effective cooling. 10# usually for a 2hr pre-cool and 3hr usage.

but as for ice, you'll deffo have to prevent condensation on the cooling lines and the device lines.

can cause short circuiting from the water dropping on electrical components.