8350 vs i7 4770k

Which should i get. From what i read, more cores will be used in the future. If I am not mistaken, BF4 use more than 4 cores. Even though the i7 is 8 cores (4 physical & virtual) physical cores is still better. I was planning to get a i5 4670k but it was only 4 cores. I also do video editing as well as streaming.

I like pie

i5 4690k @ 3.5 Ghz  -- Asrock z87 Extreme 4 -- Asus GTX 970 Strix -- 8GB Kingston DDR3 @ 1600Mhz -- Phanteks PH-TC14PE -- Crucial M500 120GB SSD -- Seagate 1TB SSHD -- Super Flower 600W Semi-modular PSU -- Phanteks Enthoo Pro -- Benq GL2460 

As far as I know the i7 will do better for streaming and editing. How much of a difference there is, I'm not sure. And BF4 can use more then 4 cores (I also think) However I doubt it needs more then 4 cores.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

I would go Hazwell because there not going to come out with anything else for am3+ so if you get an 8350 theres no room for upgrade also, I would save some money and go with the 4670k if you're not doing any cad or design work but its your build not mine so you do what you want. 

Edit: the 4670k won't bottleneck or lower your fps in any games, In pure gaming performance you won't be able to tell the difference between that and the 4770k

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

8350's only if you're on a budget,or you could get it and spend more money on a better GPU.

The AMD CPU has 4 modules with 2 cores in each,so they have to share different stuff.It's basically a kind of "physical hyper-threading".

The 4670k is the best choice for the middle road (performance,but not money waster).

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

8350's only if you're on a budget,or you could get it and spend more money on a better GPU.

The AMD CPU has 4 modules with 2 cores in each,so they have to share different stuff.It's basically a kind of "physical hyper-threading".

The 4670k is the best choice for the middle road (performance,but not money waster).

I would go Hazwell because there not going to come out with anything else for am3+ so if you get an 8350 theres no room for upgrade also, I would save some money and go with the 4670k if you're not doing any cad or design work but its your build not mine so you do what you want. 

Edit: the 4670k won't bottleneck or lower your fps in any games, In pure gaming performance you won't be able to tell the difference between that and the 4770k

As far as I know the i7 will do better for streaming and editing. How much of a difference there is, I'm not sure. And BF4 can use more then 4 cores (I also think) However I doubt it needs more then 4 cores.

But what if games in the future like Watch Dogs and Titanfall require more cores. Also i'm on a budget of $1000 and i will be getting a R9 290 direct cu ii

I like pie

i5 4690k @ 3.5 Ghz  -- Asrock z87 Extreme 4 -- Asus GTX 970 Strix -- 8GB Kingston DDR3 @ 1600Mhz -- Phanteks PH-TC14PE -- Crucial M500 120GB SSD -- Seagate 1TB SSHD -- Super Flower 600W Semi-modular PSU -- Phanteks Enthoo Pro -- Benq GL2460 

The i7 is better in every single possible way in terms of performance, the 8350 does the either have 8 real cores.

The only way the 8350 is Better is in terms of price

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Get the i7 if you can afford it. It's better in every way and the socket for that CPU is currently supported. The 8350 has 4 Bulldozer modules with 8 piledriver cores, 2 in each module which share resources (similar to threads) but process different instructions simultaneously as oppose to the i7 using 2 threads in each core but sharing resources and processing instructions one at a time. I think I got that right, but don't quote me on it.

You get what you pay for with the i7 haswell, a premium with more updated features, especially on their motherboards. Also less power, 22nm (soon to be 14nm with broadwell), and better single core performance.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

But what if games in the future like Watch Dogs and Titanfall require more cores. Also i'm on a budget of $1000 and i will be getting a R9 290 direct cu ii

Just because games can utilize more then 4 cores does not mean that its needs the, And as Theo said, the i7 is better on all points. And its going to take some time before games need more then 4.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

If they do you can always upgrade, Intel will probably come out with new stuff for that socket in the future.

Also if you're budget is around 1000 try and go 4670k then if you don't have the money go 8350

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

The 8350 has 8 cores,but they're bad.

The i7 is just better overall.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

So do you guys recommend 4 or 8 cores? Also i would like to ask, what are the benefits of more cores. Thanks

The 8350 has 8 cores,but they're bad.

The i7 is just better overall.

If they do you can always upgrade, Intel will probably come out with new stuff for that socket in the future.

Also if you're budget is around 1000 try and go 4670k then if you don't have the money go 8350

Just because games can utilize more then 4 cores does not mean that its needs the, And as Theo said, the i7 is better on all points. And its going to take some time before games need more then 4.

Get the i7 if you can afford it. It's better in every way and the socket for that CPU is currently supported. The 8350 has 4 Bulldozer modules with 8 piledriver cores, 2 in each module which share resources (similar to threads) but process different instructions simultaneously as oppose to the i7 using 2 threads in each core but sharing resources and processing instructions one at a time. I think I got that right, but don't quote me on it.

You get what you pay for with the i7 haswell, a premium with more updated features, especially on their motherboards. Also less power, 22nm (soon to be 14nm with broadwell), and better single core performance.

The i7 is better in every single possible way in terms of performance, the 8350 does the either have 8 real cores.

The only way the 8350 is Better is in terms of price

So do you guys recommend 4 or 8 cores? Also i would like to ask, what are the benefits of more cores. Thanks

I like pie

I'd go for 8 real cores if I could but neither of those cpus have 8 real cores, one has core modules or whatever and the other hyperthreading, both are good cpus but one is better but more expensive.

Get the i7 if you have the money and enjoy it for the next years to come.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

intel's 4 cores do just under 8 amd cores when you don't have hyper threading, if the application can use all resources of your CPU, but the intel quad cores are better once you have hyper threading, and on some occasions they can go more than 30% in the performance department.

if you do not mind a higher electrical bill ( in some countries price of power used is 3 or 4 times higher than the US ) get the 8350, because it has better multi threaded performance, and this is the way to go for modern applications and games, if you care about power bills, an i5 4670k is a good alternative.

The i7 gives you the best of both worlds, and that is why they are expensive, you will have more headroom for multitasking on 8 threads.

For the i5 vs i7... the i5 is the same chip with hyper threading turned off ( can't turn on ever ), and it has 2 mb less lv3 cache. So when you are playing games, you will see maybe up to 10 FPS difference. but in tasks that require all the processing power of your CPU at same clocks, the i7 can be 30% faster.

The limiting factor is Windows that has power restrictions for multi core CPU-s, that is why a lot of the time an 8350 can lose to an i5, but in reality it is a bit faster when you use all of its resources.

If you want the best go with the i7, if you do not care about the best and want to save money get the 8350 ( if you canre about your power bill get the i5 )

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

BF4. The 8350 still pretty much par with older i5 processors at the same clock speed. 

If $300 total budget, then the 83XX for sure. If over $350, then I say i5. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/836?vs=697

= Productivity. In some tests lower is better (it shows that on the test).

Games. 8350=I5 in 8 thread games only, with worse frame latency.

8350 is never ahead and can only tie in "next gen games".  Only get the I7 if you plan to stream a lot or if you render. The I7 can stream and play less then 8 thread titles, the 8350 can struggle to even play many RTS/MMO before streaming even comes into the picture. If you like MMO/RTS you don't touch a AMD CPU.

The Watch Dog's thing was retracted after people called them out on BS. You don't need an I7 to game. It's overkill. Everyone knows it. The devs were hyping up the consoles that don't even really use 8 cores/threads to game with. It is more like 6, and they are very slow and crappy cores. The devs did the same thing and claimed you needed 4gb video cards to match a console as well and we all laughed at that as well.

You might as well believe the new Tomb Raider is gonna actually look better then the PC version as well, due to cherrypicked cut scene photos lol. It isn't. They pull this crap every time there is a new console, meanwhile the console is running at low or no AA, low or no AF, low shadows, bad graphics in the distance etc. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.