Please help me build a Ryzen 5 2400g system.

ImmaBuildThis

Time to replace my old Phenom II x4 with a new system. I don't game on my PC, I use a PS4 for that, so I decided on the Ryzen 5 2400g model for the build since I wouldn't need a graphics card. I want to have the latest, I believe gen 3, NVME high speed hard drive at 1TB to get that fast speed and a motherboard that fully supports it. I don't need wi-fi support on the motherboard. I have an old Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 system that connects via SPDIF so I'd like to find a board that supports this as well if possible. My old power supply is a 450W and I'd need a new one, prefer one where the cables can be removed if not in use, or a cheaper one if the modular design is way more expensive. My case is an old Coolmaster and could definitely be replaced as well, looking for adequate cooling and maybe a see thru panel with lighted fans give me a few options here. Note I prefer ATX and I do get a lot of dust so a case with easy to clean filter would be nice but not a necessity as I currently just hit it with a can of air every so often. Last but not least should I replace my old monitor as well it's a VGA/DVI Viewsonic 4:3 4ms refresh. I'm not sure what the current connect standard is if HDMI is limited or if DVI is still the way to go.

Thanks for helping. My main concern is the processor being plug and play as I have no way to upgrade the BIOS if not. I'm hopeful this build will last as long as the last one.

the 2400g won't game as smooth as you expected.

it will only run sub 30fps in most games.

what budget are you aiming?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Not looking to game on it. I'm thinking I can get it done under $1k easily.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($76.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($77.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card  ($214.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $739.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-10 14:59 EST-0500

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

This is my list for you. 

That motherboard, because first it has 2 m.2 slots for your high speed ssds, and it has SPDIF. Case choice is up to you, i went with cooler master as that was also your previous case. 

Now regarding the monitor:

53 minutes ago, ImmaBuildThis said:

I'm not sure what the current connect standard is if HDMI is limited or if DVI is still the way to go.

DVI has fallen out of fashion, HDMI and Displayport are the new kings. 

Depending on your budget i would go with either 1080p or 1440p IPS monitor.

Here is one example:

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.