[i cant seem to fix this] second monitor no picture

htmlprofessional

Hey guys,

So i have 2 monitors, they are both the same model and one is older than the other. for about 1-2 months now the 2nd monitor takes its time to start. First it just blinks and then it starts in like 2-8 mins. It usually doesn't blink when in sleep mode the light stays yellow/orange but now it is just blinking and hasn't turned on in 2 hours. Before it always turned on after a few minutes and now it just doesn't. I didn't think much of it taking its time since it's older but now I have tried everything. I switched cables, i had only one of each cables plugged in, also tried that whilst restarting. I believe the Problem lies with the monitor since i can screenshot it and operate with a mouse and keyboard; I just can't see what's going on.
Both monitors are from acer.

It's really annoying because i need this to work, I'm a software engineer but im not that good with hardware.

PLS HELP thx in advanve

31 minutes ago, htmlprofessional said:

Hey guys,

So i have 2 monitors, they are both the same model and one is older than the other. for about 1-2 months now the 2nd monitor takes its time to start. First it just blinks and then it starts in like 2-8 mins. It usually doesn't blink when in sleep mode the light stays yellow/orange but now it is just blinking and hasn't turned on in 2 hours. Before it always turned on after a few minutes and now it just doesn't. I didn't think much of it taking its time since it's older but now I have tried everything. I switched cables, i had only one of each cables plugged in, also tried that whilst restarting. I believe the Problem lies with the monitor since i can screenshot it and operate with a mouse and keyboard; I just can't see what's going on.
Both monitors are from acer.

It's really annoying because i need this to work, I'm a software engineer but im not that good with hardware.

PLS HELP thx in advanve

Which monitors? and do they have a second input that you can try? as it might be the ports themselves on the monitor or GPU.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, paddy-stone said:

Which monitors? and do they have a second input that you can try? as it might be the ports themselves on the monitor or GPU.

I don't know the names; i will look later when i can. But something strange happened:
I was listening to music and the monitor that was blacked out the whole time started Flashing colours and displaying the words "MENU AND RIGHT TO BURN IN OFF"

And i guess it doesnt like that input anymore?. At least it is not in sleep mode all the time but now it doesn't get recognised anymore

9 minutes ago, htmlprofessional said:

I don't know the names; i will look later when i can. But something strange happened:
I was listening to music and the monitor that was blacked out the whole time started Flashing colours and displaying the words "MENU AND RIGHT TO BURN IN OFF"

And i guess it doesnt like that input anymore?. At least it is not in sleep mode all the time but now it doesn't get recognised anymore

also i thought that if it doesn't use this port anymore and restarting might fix it and it did. still i don't know what caused it but it works now. if you have an idea what it might be please let me know