AMAL VIJAY

Guys I had build a new gaming PC.

Following are the specs:

Motherboard : Gigabyte H310M-H HDMI

RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 LPX 2400MHz

Processor : Intel Core i5-8400 BX80684I58400

Graphics Card : Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

PSU : Corsair VS550 550-Watt Power Supply

The problem is after nearly 3 month of usage PC started to reboot during gaming,usually when it loads from game menu to game itself.

I was able to play FIFA 19 for 30 min without issues but when I closed it and opened Rise of the Tomb Raider again it rebooted.

Same with GTA V,Shadow of Tomb Raider,NFS MW 2013 etc

I was able to play FIFA 2019 for 30 min without any restarts.The GPU @80 degree max and CPU @ 75 degree max(Without any fans,I disconnected all 4 fans)

As soon I switch some other games it reboots.

So is it the power supply the issue or any other? I have to make sure that its not my gpu:(

Any suggestion guys?

My Rig

HP Omen 16 | 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX | 16 GB DDR5 RAM | NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4060 8 GB | 512GB PCIe Gen4 NVMe TLC M.2 SSD |

16.1-inch (40.9 cm) 1920 x 1080 165Hz | RGB Backlit Keyboard |

Some easy troubleshooting. Make sure it's not overheating. Download HWinfo64 and see what your temps are looking like during gaming.

If you have overclocked, make sure that overclock is stable. That can easily cause a system crash/reboot.

Typically a PSU issue with turn the computer off completely, though it's not completely out of the question.

Edited by MajorTmar
Realized you already checked temps. Sorry about that.

1 minute ago, MajorTmar said:

Some easy troubleshooting. Make sure it's not overheating. Download HWinfo64 and see what your temps are looking like during gaming.

If you have overclocked, make sure that overclock is stable. That can easily cause a system crash/reboot.

Typically a PSU issue with turn the computer off completely, though it's not completely out of the question.

That chip and motherboard isn’t overclockable.

Just now, justin2926 said:

That chip and motherboard isn’t overclockable.

TBH i'm all over the place, but that GPU IS overclockable, so it's not completely out of the question.

The Corsair VS isn't so good, might be the culprit.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

34 minutes ago, MajorTmar said:

TBH i'm all over the place, but that GPU IS overclockable, so it's not completely out of the question.

Nothing's overclocked bud.

30 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

The Corsair VS isn't so good, might be the culprit.

K i will check on that.

My Rig

HP Omen 16 | 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX | 16 GB DDR5 RAM | NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4060 8 GB | 512GB PCIe Gen4 NVMe TLC M.2 SSD |

16.1-inch (40.9 cm) 1920 x 1080 165Hz | RGB Backlit Keyboard |

15 minutes ago, MajorTmar said:

True.