Future New York trip!

ViruZ_HUN

Please don't spread false information, there is absolutely nothing standing in the way of taking computer hardware with you on a plane.

especially if it hasn't been opened

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Please don't spread false information, there is absolutely nothing standing in the way of taking computer hardware with you on a plane.

No there isn't. But I have encountered tsa officers who are very paranoid about things. I once had a psu confiscated flying from Denver to California.  

It would be better to order parts from inside the European Union, like from Germany or UK. US border policies are famous for their overreactions over most pointless of things. Also, it's easy to "misplace" a bag at the airport. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I am just asking if its safe becuze i save lots of money

you don't.

add the VAT in the US (8-9%)

add the VAT in Sweden (25%)

add possible duty in Sweden(?%)

and that is only true if you declare the goods.

If you don't declare them it might be MUCH more than you would have paid in SE ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Go to micro center in Long Island (west bury) it's about a 45 minute drive from nyc - sources I live 5 minutes away.

But making the bag unopenable should be fine as long as you do it here instead of before hand being Americas airport security is ridiculous (I mean needed) -NSA is spying on me

If i would put everything is the bag i pick up with myself into the airplanes, i mean the bag i myslf bring.

Would it make any difference?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Don't worry, it's a cool city full of energy and life. You'll love it even if you don't get your PC parts.

yes but i will be angry if they take my bougth PC parts.

And my reaction would be:

F'UK MURICA!!!!

Hope it wont happen becuze i like America

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

They won't take your parts man, even if you have brought them there.

So shoud i get it from there?

to others:

So you mean that the swedes are going to make me pay taxes?. Why is the world so unfair. My family will buy a ticket to NEw York which will probably cost 2000 euro and then they want Taxes of the stuff i bought there?:(

I wouldn't, no. Maybe a high end part that you can take in your carry bag..something like a CPU or a single GPU...just make sure it's price isn't over the tax threshold, or the price you are allowed to spend until you have to start paying tax. Example tax threshold is say $1000KR, your graphics card is $600KR you wont have to pay tax, but if you buy 2 costing $1200KR then you will have to pay tax. Tax is one of the universes great mysteries. 

Just a tip. Again to avoid import tax duties even if buying online, try to get the seller to send the shipment in parts, not a single box...this way technically you won't have gone over the tax threshold. Just think about it first man.

Thats a great idea!

I maybe would pick a CPU and a GPU then buy the rest here in sweden.

So I would get a Haswell-e CPU which is leaked to cost 600-650 USD. Then i pick up a GTX 780 TI( if its still best) or a GTX 880( TI)

So it still works?. i mean it would cost around 1500 USD? am i able to do that?

A intel CPU box is small no problem. A GPU box is not that big but i think i can make room for it in the bag i carry up to the airplane

I think there is nothing to see on a intel cpu if its a bomb or not, lol. I can show them both of the components if they like to. But if they start to screw of the heatsink from the GPU i swear i will cut their heads of..

If you bring anything back into Sweden that is at of below the duty threshold of 1300KR or $200USD then no duties apply to you. According to government data "Some products, such as Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital cameras and Video Game consoles, are duty free"Id say that computer components would come under that category, but as some have stated you will have to pay a 25% VAT rate which is non-negotiable. How much will this be for computer components...I have no idea due the the unknown factors of cost and what the VAT rate is...it varies on products. "The standard VAT rate for importing items into Sweden is 25%, with certain products, for example books, newspapers and magazines, attracting VAT at the reduced rate of 6%. VAT is calculated on the value of the goods, plus the international shipping costs and insurance, plus any import duty due". 

Shipping cost's and insurance naturally will not apply. I'd suggest that you or your parents contact Swedish customs to find out information about exactly what rates will apply.

Tel: +46 (0)771 520 520

email: info@tullverket.se

Most airlines aswell allow you to carry a bag on the plane aswell as a small shoulder bag or laptopn bag which you could put a CPU in. Im sure the GPU would be allowed inplace of a laptop bag however. Oh and a little side note, New York and the United States is pretty expensive these days, no longer is there much of a bargain to be had from buying there. Unless its clothes and shoes. Taiwan or Hong Kong is the place for your tech needs.

i will only trip there after september, but nothing is sure do mom says. So if the 2 things fit in my bag am i allowed to carry them?

Yep you are. aslong as it isn't overweight or too large in size. Definitely CPU carry on, if you can with GPU go for it, or if not put it into suitcase and pack clothes around it.

i think a GPU can be max up to 5 kg with box? and a CPU? well Extreme intel editions is always without a heasink so maybe  500-1000  gram?

Plenty of space.  International travel weights vary for different airlines. But your well in the weight ratio there. Don't stress about it too much man. Go to NYC, shop around for the day than enjoy the rest of the city, visit the WTC and go to the Rockefeller Plaza for a great view of the skyline...don't go to the Empire State. Everyone wants to see the empire state, but you can't see it if your standing ontop right. Rockefeller gives you a clear view of uptown (central park) and downtown (lower Manhattan).

It's a blast.

well its not be who is the boss:

Mom decides where to go. but i will give her advices what to check out.

But dude. I did not decide to go to America. my mom wants, I am just using that time to get cheap PC parts. I am not tripping to New York becue of the PC parts, I only come with my mom and buy the PC parts cheaper there becuze if we already will trip there, why not?