ps5 specs

G_K
On 1/4/2019 at 12:06 PM, tatte said:

Oh good sir, on the contrary! I think the time of PCs is over! It's easier than ever to buy a console, everyone can buy a console. They can be bought when you fetch some milk for your morning cereal, and they come in boxes that are superb for travelling using any method whatsoever.

Games are more appreciable on consoles. Each sale silly PCsts pour more and more money into "cheap games" they'll never play. Steam keeps pushing the addiction, rewarding users for the amount of games, and nothing for completing them (instead Steam makes you spend even more money to complete your badge). Oh my Cthulhu, that's some bad practice! Only good reason to buy a console are the yearly sports games, because those are very, very distinct each year, and in no way repetitive and absolutely worthless a month or two after their release.

With gaming console no need to upgrade expensive parts every six months just to make Lemmings run. I guess it's not good idea to pay £4000 for PC to fill some spreadsheets in 4K, when you can get a job for that, and pay under $200 for a machine that's actually fun to play games on.

/s

Ever heard of the new cheap apu atholons? lowspecgamer can get it to play games at 8K! at 30 fps 

t h e p s 5 w i l l r u n a c u s t o m z e n 2 a p u a n d p r o b a b l y a b o u t m a t c h a 2 0 6 0

I don't get why everybody is unreasonably excited about this thing. It's just not that interesting. They're still with AMD and everything lines up for them to be running Zen 2 by the time it's released. It'll have a Vega/Navi graphics chip in there and offer solid performance at a good price. It's just another console, people. It's not going to have some 4K 60FPS RTX on BS just because you'd like it if it did.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

1 hour ago, nnfancois said:

Ever heard of the new cheap apu atholons? lowspecgamer can get it to play games at 8K! at 30 fps 

a. You're replying to sarcastic comment that is marked as such

b. What the hell game is he doing that on? Minecraft? With fast graphics?  It might play a single super easy to run game at absolutely potato settings at that resolution at that framerate. It's not going to play games in even the same remote range as that. Try 720p 25FPS.

6 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

a. You're replying to sarcastic comment that is marked as such

b. What the hell game is he doing that on? Minecraft? With fast graphics?  It might play a single super easy to run game at absolutely potato settings at that resolution at that framerate. It's not going to play games in even the same remote range as that. Try 720p 25FPS.

1.You sir dont understand a sarcastic comment if you say i dont r/woooosh

and 2. and actually the   atolons can play games well sometimes at 1080p 30fps (depending wich title of course) 

21 minutes ago, nnfancois said:

1.You sir dont understand a sarcastic comment if you say i dont r/woooosh

and 2. and actually the   atolons can play games well sometimes at 1080p 30fps (depending wich title of course) 

a. How?

b. Very few at very low settings. It's still a pretty mediocre experience that's not even on par with a console

16 hours ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

a. How?

b. Very few at very low settings. It's still a pretty mediocre experience that's not even on par with a console

a.I was being sarcastic also 

b.and i quote from your post " What the hell game is he doing that on? Minecraft? With fast graphics?  It might play a single super easy to run game at absolutely potato settings at that resolution at that framerate. It's not going to play games in even the same remote range as that. Try 720p 25FPS"  how about seching up benchmarks before saying stuff like that even on the lowest at 720p you can gta v at 55-60 fps  and i think he capped the fps at 60 so think before you speak, and just serch suff up and im not going to respond to you anymore

1 hour ago, nnfancois said:

a.I was being sarcastic also 

b.and i quote from your post " What the hell game is he doing that on? Minecraft? With fast graphics?  It might play a single super easy to run game at absolutely potato settings at that resolution at that framerate. It's not going to play games in even the same remote range as that. Try 720p 25FPS"  how about seching up benchmarks before saying stuff like that even on the lowest at 720p you can gta v at 55-60 fps  and i think he capped the fps at 60 so think before you speak, and just serch suff up and im not going to respond to you anymore

Please link me to those benchmarks. Also, there was nothing implying that your comment was sarcastic.

35 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Please link me to those benchmarks. Also, there was nothing implying that your comment was sarcastic.

He gave you the /s

Apparently it's up to you to know....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

25 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

He gave you the /s

Apparently it's up to you to know....

well i thought replying sarcastically to a sarcastic comment,that they would know but i guess not,plus im not very social irl so im not very good with social skills 

1 hour ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

and  finally 

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't quite believe Boot Sequence earlier tonight when he said "raytracing for audio", so I decided to search it on the Audiokinetic website. But it's true...

Turns out because certain acoustic waveforms (such as Spatial/Binaural Audio) when visualised are like 3d landscapes, they can be processed with raytracing algorithms the same way as graphical computations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

8/16 cpu

a Navi card

it will

blow us away performance wise ps4<PS5

gonna be awesome but don’t expect a launch till Q3 2020 (before Xmas)

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, Thunder87 said:

Just going to help you about knowing a cpu and apu. cpu and apu are different and are called an accelerated processing unit (APU). I'll send you the link so you can read about it more, if you like me to send it. Glad your happy about it.

https://www.gamingscan.com/apu-vs-cpu-vs-gpu/

I understand that an APU from amd is basically a cpu + integrated graphics.

but in my opinion I think this time round we will see a cpu + GPU. 

That is is what I meant 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

26 minutes ago, Thunder87 said:

The processor is going to be a apu (which seems normal for a console, right?)

No, we don't know yet.

What we do know is "Zen2 based" that's it.

If they just pack a CPU Die right next to the I/O or GPU Die or integrate it, we don't know.

Wrong!! This apu is going to be a apu from a desktop which mean it going to be powerful and close to a pc. Better GPU and ram.

Yeah, wrong because not confirmed. 
All that is: 8C/16T Zen2, NAVI based GPU. That's it.

The gpu is going to be a custom navi gpu which could be a 1060 or higher and being develop with help from amd or nvidia. Which we know you can have a amd processors that can work, with a nvidia cards for an example.

Look, they have the PS4 PRO.

Do you think that the PS5 will have less power or even just being equal to PS4 PRO?

So that is the baseline that gets to be beaten...

Meaning probably more than 2048 Shaders...

My guess would be around 3072 as that's almost double the Shaders of the PS4 PRO + a slight increase such as 1,5GHz Clockrate (instead of 911MHz)...

Ram could even be a GDDR6 ram which is something to talk about, as the ps4 only had GDDR4.

The PS4 had GDDR5, 4 was EOL for years at that time. The XBox had DDR3...

But GDDR6 is more probable. There are some rumors with 8GiB HBM2 + 16GiB GDDR6, but I don't believe it.

This is something that has been done before with microsoft Xbox 1

Nope, at that time SGRAM wasn't that prominent and it was just normal Standard DDR-SDRAM

and I believe this could be something to do with crose platform gaming as nintendo and microsoft are crose platforming.

It already is. There are Games that allow Consoles and PC Players to play together.

The first one was Final Fantasy XIV, that allowed that on Playstation 3. And there might even have been many more PS3 Games that allowed that.

Sony just didn't allow it for the PS4 but only to XBox, not PC. That was _ALWAY_ Possible and never closed.

Since somewhere last year, they even allow that as well.

Which microsoft have done with the xbox and pc already,

Microsoft were the ones who didn't allow Cross Plattform Play with the 360 by the way. They were the ones who introduced most of the bad stuff - like paying for online Play.

And even today, you have to have Live Gold for Free to play Online games. You don't on Playstation and PC.

I haven't tried Switch (yet) though...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

33 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

but in my opinion I think this time round we will see a cpu + GPU. 

possible but only in an MCM, not seperate Chips.

5 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

possible but only in an MCM, not seperate Chips.

I did a 1 minute google and couldn’t find what you mean by MCM.

sorry if this makes me dumb ??

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I did a 1 minute google and couldn’t find what you mean by MCM.

Multi Chip Module

Basically Ryzen 3600, Threadripper, Epyc, XBox 360 Slim Chip and many more.

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

Multi Chip Module

Basically Ryzen 3600, Threadripper, Epyc, XBox 360 Slim Chip and many more.

Oh basically multi chiplets on one chip?

if so, thanks for the clarification. An informative post !

4 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Oh basically multi chiplets on one chip?

Yeah, can be whatever.

In the XBox 360 Case it was DRAM/ROPs in one die and the rest in the other one.

Here we might see seperate CPU and GPU Dies...

1 hour ago, Thunder87 said:

Think you need to what this video.

No, I won't.

I don't give a damn about anything that doesn't come from official sources.

And that is what Cerny has said and was presented in some circles.

There is the Playstation Presentation about Loading SPeed. 

And that's all we really know:

- rediculously fast SSD. Possibly/probably PCie 4.0 SSD as Cerny said its faster than anything seen today

- 8C/16T Zen2 based CPU Part

- NAVI GPU Part.

ANYTHING ELSE IS SPECULATION!!

There is no truth to it!

but its safe to assume that the GPU will be much much faster than Playstation 4 PRO or XBoner and that there will be more memory.

So 12GiB is the lowest end -> 16GiB is the bare minimum, total 24-32GiB.

On the site also it does say the following:

• "CPU: 8 core/16 threads at 3.2Ghz with a Zen2 architecture
  • GPU: Navi-based with AMD next-gen features at 12.6 to 14.2 teraflops
  • Memory: 24GB total with 20GB GDDR6 at 880GB/S and 4GB DDR4 for the operating system
  • 2 TB SSD"

Yeah, no. That's total bullshit without any hard evidence.

The only thing that is safe is is NAVI Based GPU, 8C/16T CPU. And a "crazy fast SSD". That's it.

Everything else is Speculation. 

Its more probable that they use GDDR6 for various reasons. HBM is just too expensive.

I would like to show you these images.

Yep I'm sure I have a PlayStation and pc.

And?
I have PS2, 3, 4 XBox 360, One X, Nintendo Gamecube, WiiU, a new new 3DS XL and the Switch.
And also a couple of PCs...

Still I don't believe anything not from official sources. We can speculate but we should mention that.
There are not much facts about PS5, especially since we don't even have NAVI Desktop.

We need Navi desktop however to give an educated guess.

A 128bit (or 256bit) SI Card with 2048 Shader would be awesome.

That can be compared to Tahiti, Tonga and Polaris.

As for the specs with the Xbox 1 rethink what you said as the SGRAM you clam to say is in the hardware. It was DDR3 at 8gb.

Link to the specs of the xbox 1 hardware in the following:

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Hardware_Specs

And yes I know that the cpu and a gpu are in the xbox 1 and I didn't list the specs for the xbox one as it had no relevance to the thread. 

I was talking about the Original XBox, not the new 2013 Version.

The XBox One (sucessor to the 360) had just normal DDR3-SDRAM.

Though I'd scrapped that one and made the slim based on the one X SOC with GDDR5...

You said SGRAM. However, on this site it specs for the ram is GDDR5 SDRAM.

Yeah, SGRAM as in Synchroneous Graphics RAM. 

The kind that usually came in a QFP Package, before BGA was common. Though it seems the Wikipedia Article is wrong and the XBox, with the Intel/nVIdia Chips, indeed used 64MiB SGRAM and not SDRAM wich is claimed by Wikipedia...

And Micron calles it:

GDDR5 SGRAM MT51J256M32 – 16 Meg x 32 I/O x 16 banks, 32 Meg x 16 I/O x 16 banks

Well, SGRAM means Synchroneous Graphics RAM....

The xbox 1 pro was able to do crose platform as the specs were better.

1) its "CROSS PLATTFORM"

2) no, there was no Xbox 1 PRO. ITs XBox One X.

3) that has nothing to do with it. It was a policy decision from Sony.

Though personally, in Shooter, I'd close it off as well or ask the Developers to do it - Controller Players vs. Mouse/Keyboard Players. What System theyre on is irrelevant. 

The ps4 didn't do crose platform as it wasn't announced at E3 or anywhere and it wasn't made for crose platforming as the ps5 was in development only when the ps4 pro was release.

It did. And there were some PC-PS4 Games as well. Though PS4 <-> XBox was the Problem. or rather what they didn't allow at the time.

Check the the videos online

I don't give a damn what other people speculate. And its exactly that:
SPECULATION

And who cares if its one Chip or three?? AMD will deliver it...

and there is still take about a apu and cpu the gpu is going to navi gpu (in the list specs)

Yes, and?
What difference does it make if it looks like this:

http://xhoba.x86-guide.com/en/collection_divers/Xbox-360-GPU-ATI--X02056-Xenos-cpu-no9.html

or that:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13829/amd-ryzen-3rd-generation-zen-2-pcie-4-eight-core

That is official statements from the person

responsible.

More maybe at E3 next Week or so.

Here Link

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

Quotes:

but Cerny claims that it has a raw bandwidth higher than any SSD available for PCs. That’s not all. “The raw read speed is important,“ Cerny says,

A console’s CPU and GPU become more powerful, able to deliver previously unattainable graphical fidelity and visual effects; system memory increases in size and speed; and game files grow to match, necessitating larger downloads or higher-capacity physical media like discs.

The CPU is based on the third generation of AMD’s Ryzen line and contains eight cores of the company’s new 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture. The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, w

The AMD chip also includes a custom unit for 3D audio that Cerny thinks will redefine what sound can do in a videogame. 

(...)

With the next console the dream is to show how dramatically different the audio experience can be when we apply significant amounts of hardware horsepower to it.”

“I won't go into the details of our VR strategy today,” he says, “beyond saying that VR is very important to us and that the current PSVR headset is compatible with the new console.”

When Spidey reappears in a totally different spot in Manhattan, 15 seconds have elapsed. Then Cerny does the same thing on a next-gen devkit connected to a different TV. (The devkit, an early “low-speed” version, is concealed in a big silver tower, with no visible componentry.) What took 15 seconds now takes less than one: 0.8 seconds, to be exact.

“No matter how powered up you get as Spider-Man, you can never go any faster than this,” Cerny says, “because that's simply how fast we can get the data off the hard drive.” On the next-gen console, the camera speeds uptown like it’s mounted to a fighter jet. Periodically, Cerny pauses the action to prove that the 

Those are the facts we have.

Nothing more. I don't know if there are other OFFICIAL statements about the system than that.

Somewhere was said that the PS5 might feature 8 Cores as well, either AMD or Sony.

19 hours ago, Gzmer1 said:

I would like to also ask everyone about the reference to his crose platforming

What is "Crose Plattforming?

Besides that, here another PS5 Speculation Thread:

as he seems to be talking about from other playstation console games from the ps1, ps2 and ps3. That isn't crose platforming

No, that's Backwards Compatibility and the ability to play old games on the new console.

THe new PS5 might actually be powerful enough for PS3 Games.

I also believe that pc would be crose platforming with Sony also.

Sony always allowed to play with PC, see Final Fantasy XIV...

As for GiB:
That's the official SI unit for power of 2.

GB means power of 10.

So 2GB means 2.000.000.000 Bytes

2GiB means 2.147.483.684 Bytes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibibyte

The IEC created the binary prefixes (kibi, mebi, gibi, etc.) in an attempt to reduce such confusion. 

What's there to say?
We know that the Basis will be Zen2 and Navi - for both consoles. But besides that?! Not much really...

Sony is hyping the SSD of the PS5, someone mentioned 8 Cores somewhere. and the usual buzzword stuff such as 8K Output and so on.

M$ is saying something about 4 times the Performance, 120fps...

Phil Spencer summarized it here at the time pretty well:

Its just not figured out (yet), its too early to say...