Just got a new PC upgrade ordered, I was wondering if it would be good for streaming.

Wulfscar

Hey there LTT community! I just recently chose to upgrade my Gaming Rig! I am a Twitch.tv Livestreamer and I was wondering if it would be good to livestream with this new setup.

First here is my old PC setup:
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P Rev.1
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB [8 GB x 2] DDR3-1600MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 - 8GB
PSU: 500 Watt - EVGA B1 - 80 PLUS Bronze

Now here is the new setup that is coming in that I am inquiring about:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor

Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro with WiFi
RAM: XPG Z1 16 GB [8 GB x 2] DDR4-3000MHz
GPU: GIGABYTE Windforce RTX 2080 - 8GB
PSU: 650 Watt - CHANNEL WELL - 80 PLUS Gold
Cooling: iBUYPOWER 120mm RGB Liquid Cooling System

Just a small town Canadian Twitch Streamer with big ambitions.

Id probably go with a 2700x for that, and definitely change the power supply and drop the cooler. 

If this is a prebuilt, everyone here is going to say build it yourself- which you should.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

That'll be fine, especially if using your GPU for video encoding isn't an issue. You can probably do 720p60 processor encoding if you sorted your resources and set your encoding settings right for Twitch.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Why you are turning to the blue camp!!!

Fanboy aside, more cores / threads can give you better performance for your usecase, with the same money 2700x give you 4 extra threads than 8700k. That's not fanboy talk, thats a price to performance fact.

For the motherboard, you can grab the non wifi version and get a separate wifi dongles / card for less than $20.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I'm more or less speaking comparatively to my old AMD cpu would cpu encoding be better or worse?

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

Why you are turning to the blue camp!!!

Fanboy aside, more cores / threads can give you better performance for your usecase, with the same money 2700x give you 4 extra threads than 8700k. That's not fanboy talk, thats a price to performance fact.

For the motherboard, you can grab the non wifi version and get a separate wifi dongles / card for less than $20.

It was on a sale, I was on a budget, I was desperate to get a new PC because my old one is fried, I would have preferred to get a Ryzen chip but the price was just too good to pass up.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Vastly better than the 8350.

I was rather concerned that due to the lower core count that it would hinder me in some way. At the same token I assumed because of the general overall specs per core it would make up for that. Thank you very much for providing the information I was needing! :) 

Just now, Wulfscar said:

I was rather concerned that due to the lower core count that it would hinder me in some way. At the same token I assumed because of the general overall specs per core it would make up for that. Thank you very much for providing the information I was needing! :) 

Yeah, no problemo. Worst case scenario, you either do GPU-based encoding from the 2080 or do a jank setup with Quick Sync.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Perfect build, I would even take a shot at 1080p 60fps. If that doesn't work, the flip it to 720p 60fps.

The geek himself.

With ryzen you can switch to the newer generations without changing motherboard, at least to the new 3rd gen (as promised).

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Yeah, no problemo. Worst case scenario, you either do GPU-based encoding from the 2080 or do a jank setup with Quick Sync.

Yeah I'm not too concerned about having to alternatively do GPU encoding. The GPU on the setup is more than equipped to handle it. As long as I am getting 60+ fps at 144hz at least I'll be happy, ideally on ultra settings but that will depend on the game.

2 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Perfect build, I would even take a shot at 1080p 60fps. If that doesn't work, the flip it to 720p 60fps.

Awesome thanks man glad to hear that haha. I am pretty pleased with it for sure, given the current price of GPUs in Canadian Shekels and I figured I may as well get a Pre-Built from a trusted site because quite frankly when it comes to the more expensive components I am not all that confident with my own building capabilities.

4 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

With ryzen you can switch to the newer generations without changing motherboard, at least to the new 3rd gen (as promised).

Yeah I know but I'm not looking for something super future proof at the moment. It's just that I was on a budget and this setup was in my price range and provided great parts for the price range.