Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pc overheated

a2c221a4690b08c24508026ace85a9dc.png

As you can see, my cpu is extremely hot, i've confirmed the temp is BIOS as well.

I noticed a few days ago my computer couldnt handle my games very well (pubg, csgo, fortnite) as in dropping frames, average fps is significantly lower than usual, long loading screens or the game not rendering at all.

So I downloaded core temp and saw my computer is very hot and im not sure what the problem is, cleaned out the whole computer for dust, checked all my fans, cleaned the heatsink and since I couldnt get any thermal paste I read somewhere you could use toothpaste which I did, and it sort of worked because the temp was only at approx. 75 degrees at boot and my usual games worked fine for about 10 minutes, but later on when I tried to start up some games the same problems started happening.

 

atm im checking for viruses, but could the problem simply be that my cpu is old or theres some sort of malfunction? Or should I try to get some actual thermal paste?

 

This is probably a hard read but I'm so fustrated right now lol, thanks for any replies :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, schwellmo92 said:

You did not really use toothpaste did you? You're trolling?

I hope

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fortniteboy69 said:

a2c221a4690b08c24508026ace85a9dc.png

As you can see, my cpu is extremely hot, i've confirmed the temp is BIOS as well.

I noticed a few days ago my computer couldnt handle my games very well (pubg, csgo, fortnite) as in dropping frames, average fps is significantly lower than usual, long loading screens or the game not rendering at all.

So I downloaded core temp and saw my computer is very hot and im not sure what the problem is, cleaned out the whole computer for dust, checked all my fans, cleaned the heatsink and since I couldnt get any thermal paste I read somewhere you could use toothpaste which I did, and it sort of worked because the temp was only at approx. 75 degrees at boot and my usual games worked fine for about 10 minutes, but later on when I tried to start up some games the same problems started happening.

 

atm im checking for viruses, but could the problem simply be that my cpu is old or theres some sort of malfunction? Or should I try to get some actual thermal paste?

 

This is probably a hard read but I'm so fustrated right now lol, thanks for any replies :)

shit!you even put toothpaste on CPU? NOT RECOMMEND! Absolutely NOT! Please buy Thermal paste and watch youtube videos for tutorial in order to be safety.

 

                                                                               - AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

                                                                       - Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

                                                                           - Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

                                                                          - Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

                                                                              - Corsair VS 550 power supply

                                                                              - Kingston A400 240GB SSD

                                                       - 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

                                                                            - CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get thermal paste, running your CPU for sub 100C temperatures for several days is very unhealthy. (in fact, it's 'How to fry your CPU 101')

Shouldn't your cooler come with thermal paste?

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, schwellmo92 said:

You did not really use toothpaste did you? You're trolling?

I hope he didn't use it! ?

 

                                                                               - AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

                                                                       - Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

                                                                           - Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

                                                                          - Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

                                                                              - Corsair VS 550 power supply

                                                                              - Kingston A400 240GB SSD

                                                       - 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

                                                                            - CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fortniteboy69 said:

 the temp was only at approx. 75 degrees at boot and my usual games worked fine for about 10 minutes, but later on when I tried to start up some games the same problems started happening.

75 is still way too hot. The CPU should idle in the 30s or at worst the low 40s. Load temps should remain under 80 on that chip even in the worst case scenario. 

 

Time to buy thermal paste, and stop using your PC for games until you've done so.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

damn that was some fast replies, but yes I actually used toothpaste since I read somewhere that a guy used tooth paste as a replacement for a couple of weeks untill he got a new rig

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Fortniteboy69 said:

damn that was some fast replies, but yes I actually used toothpaste since I read somewhere that a guy used to as a replacement for a couple of weeks untill he got a new rig

Get thermal paste jesus christ it should be like 5$

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Fortniteboy69 said:

damn that was some fast replies, but yes I actually used toothpaste since I read somewhere that a guy used to as a replacement for a couple of weeks untill he got a new rig

LoL, It's not good. Please buy thermal paste in order to put down temperature. 

 

                                                                               - AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

                                                                       - Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

                                                                           - Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

                                                                          - Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

                                                                              - Corsair VS 550 power supply

                                                                              - Kingston A400 240GB SSD

                                                       - 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

                                                                            - CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll turn off my pc and buy it ASAP, also is rubbing alcohol with 70% alcohol good enough to wash away thermal paste/tooth paste?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

also, should I be worried that my components are damaged due to overheat? if so, is there a way to check?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fortniteboy69 said:

I'll turn off my pc and buy it ASAP, also is rubbing alcohol with 70% alcohol good enough to wash away thermal paste/tooth paste?

not need. just wash only dry paper(Toilet paper). and put thermal paste it thoroughly 

 

                                                                               - AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

                                                                       - Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

                                                                           - Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

                                                                          - Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

                                                                              - Corsair VS 550 power supply

                                                                              - Kingston A400 240GB SSD

                                                       - 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

                                                                            - CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Fortniteboy69 said:

also, should I be worried that my components are damaged due to overheat? if so, is there a way to check?

No, its only CPU Are overheating.not other parts are needed to check.

 

                                                                               - AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

                                                                       - Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

                                                                           - Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

                                                                          - Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

                                                                              - Corsair VS 550 power supply

                                                                              - Kingston A400 240GB SSD

                                                       - 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

                                                                            - CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok thank you guys so much for the fast replies, highly appreciated, i'll give word if it does not work :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Fortniteboy69 said:

I'll turn off my pc and buy it ASAP, also is rubbing alcohol with 70% alcohol good enough to wash away thermal paste/tooth paste?

I would try to get 91%, 70% has a lot of water on it and wont dry up as quickly

 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fortniteboy69 said:

ok thank you guys so much for the fast replies, highly appreciated, i'll give word if it does not work :)

gladly we helped to you.

 

                                                                               - AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

                                                                       - Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

                                                                           - Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

                                                                          - Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

                                                                              - Corsair VS 550 power supply

                                                                              - Kingston A400 240GB SSD

                                                       - 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

                                                                            - CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Changed to normal thermal paste as well as swapping out my radiator since I suspected it was too old/broken, and now my cpu is at low 50s so that solves the problem, thanks everyone :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Fortniteboy69 said:

Changed to normal thermal paste as well as swapping out my radiator since I suspected it was too old/broken, and now my cpu is at low 50s so that solves the problem, thanks everyone :)

?

 

                                                                               - AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

                                                                       - Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

                                                                           - Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

                                                                          - Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

                                                                              - Corsair VS 550 power supply

                                                                              - Kingston A400 240GB SSD

                                                       - 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

                                                                            - CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Fortniteboy69 said:

Changed to normal thermal paste as well as swapping out my radiator since I suspected it was too old/broken, and now my cpu is at low 50s so that solves the problem, thanks everyone :)

 

You had an AIO? Then there you had your problem. The AIO has given up the ghost, probably broken pump or to much liquid had evaporated over the years so that couldn't cool your system anymore.

 

And regarding the tooth paste it's better than nothing so you did nothing wrong. It's not a long term solution but you already knew that ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×