Should i buy another SSD or remove one from another build?

Bananasplit_00

Reuse or buy another one?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Buy or not?

• Buy another A400 120GB for €25
    • Use the one from the Toaster

Im in need of some sort of storage for the Cassette Deck, i have two SSDs in the toaster right now, and NVME M.2 one and a Kingstron A400 120gb one. The OS of the toaster is on the A400 along with most of the games and programs because i let a friend borrow it during a LAN and didnt defult the Steam library to the HDD. Anyway the Cassette Deck dosnt have an M.2 slot on it, and needs an SSD so should i use the one from the toaster or buy another A400 120gb disk for €25?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Buy another its cheap and saves u the time of opening your so called "toaster" up to get the ssd.

You could buy another one. They're getting really good on prices, but since you have a, presumingly good,  NVME. I would look for a M.2 PCIe to PCIe adapter, if you have a PCIe slot available. If the adapter costs too much compared to a new SSD, then it would make sense to buy another SSD. 

Just now, Wufflez said:

You could buy another one. They're getting really good on prices, but since you have a, presumingly good,  NVME. I would look for a M.2 PCIe to PCIe adapter, if you have a PCIe slot available. If the adapter costs too much compared to a new SSD, then it would make sense to buy another SSD. 

ah yah forgot to mention, both rigs are super tight ITX builds and have GPUs, its looking like il just go get another A400

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

yes get another one more a400 ssd

- AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

- Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

- Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

- Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

- Corsair VS 550 power supply

- Kingston A400 240GB SSD

- 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

- CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

6 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

ah yah forgot to mention, both rigs are super tight ITX builds and have GPUs, its looking like il just go get another A400

We all agree on this comment! ?

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

4 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

We all agree on this comment! ?

actiually ended up doing something entirely diffrent, i nabbed the 2.5" HDD from my NAS. Finally swapped over to the new NAS and apropriatly enough put a Seagate 1TB HDD in the new NAS instead of the old 2.5" one. Quite the speed upgrade and a much smaller and quieter NAS :) This way i didnt have to spend any money unless it turns out the 2.5" HDD is too slow to run Linux. 

Builds:

Spoiler