Rate My Build

Hi Guys

Have a look at my parts list  and let me know what you think?

Good setup?

It's a work in progress and so far the only Items I haven't purchased are the Graphics Card, CPU Cooler, and Monitor (I have no idea what Monitor want) 

If you think off  better ideas please let me know.

MAX budget on this build is $2000 excluding the Monitor and peripherals. 

5/10. Nothing is findamentaly screwed up but a $170 cooler and $250 motherboard with a psu i haven't seen recommended ever and a 1070ti doesn't seem like a good deal. 

Get a cheaper cooler, better PSU and a better gpu. Maybe swap the CPU to a 9th gen chip too but I haven't cared enough about those benchmarks to say if it's worth it. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Fine, just get a non-fire-hazard PSU (Corsair RMx or EVGA Gwhatever)

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Any recommendations on a cheaper CPU cooler? I'm particular about the aesthetics... 

I plan to mount a 240mm or 280mm on the top, as an exhaust. The case comes with 3 x 120mm intake's infront and 1 x 120mm exhaust at the back. 

Is a RTX 2070 worth $250 more than a GTX 1070?

I've found a EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Black Edition on sale for $354 and the average price of a 2070 is $600

35 minutes ago, Manderis said:

Save money on a CPU cooler and go for a 2070 instead

Does it have to be a AIO Water Cooler? There are some nice looking Air Coolers out there like the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro.

Just now, Manderis said:

Does it have to be a AIO Water Cooler? There are some nice looking Air Coolers out there like the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro.

I much prefer an AIO. Not sure why but I've kind of decided that's what I wanted to do

If you save 100 $ on a Motherboard, 100 $ on a Cooler give 20 $ to a decent PSU you have 180 $ for a nice performance plus or just for your pocket.

I don't know how much you want to spend on aesthetics. I am more the "if it is useful its beautiful" kind of guy. Go for the 2070 if you want 1440p @144. For 1080p a 1070 will be more than enough. 

5 minutes ago, Manderis said:

If you save 100 $ on a Motherboard, 100 $ on a Cooler give 20 $ to a decent PSU you have 180 $ for a nice performance plus or just for your pocket.

I don't know how much you want to spend on aesthetics. I am more the "if it is useful its beautiful" kind of guy. Go for the 2070 if you want 1440p @144. For 1080p a 1070 will be more than enough. 

Thank You, I will look into more options

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yQstdX
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yQstdX/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($244.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($82.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 GAMING SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($77.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($82.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($498.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Raidmax - Alpha Prime (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($80.53 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($68.89 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro Full 32/64-bit  ($189.00 @ B&H) 
Total: $1635.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-28 06:40 EST-0500

Better PSU, Cheaper Motherboard, Air Cooler (add 80 $ if you want to stick with AIO), 9th Gen i5 instead of 8th Gen i7, RTX 2070

If you don't know if you need hyper threading you probably don't want to spend 150 $ on a 3 % gaming performance increase for you CPU. And maybe consider getting Windows from a different source if you are willing to take a little risk an go for cheap reseller (10-20$). Maybe microsoft will deactivate the licence and you buy a new one or you have saved 169 $.

that's a pretty good rig but In My opinion I would cheep out on things like a RGB power supply and get a better graphics card

Edited by Sentile