Best Dac/amp for AKG K7xx

Cash425

So i'm pretty new to understanding audio. I thought bit rate and sampling were what made up the best dacs/amps. I originally had the HD 598SE and recently upgraded to the AKG k7xx and haven't seen much of an improvement. I am using the soundblaster G5 and i'm wondering if that's why. So I've been doing some research and contacted soundblaster and they told me to get the G6 because it has a higher bitrate and sampling, but it got bad reviews and I'm thinking of going away from soundblaster and getting something different. I keep seeing the schiit stack and Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC(revB) Combo. I thought the schiitt stack would be better since it has a 32bit 384kb rate, and the mayflower has a 24 bit, 92 i think, which is worse than my g5 at 24 bit, 192. So i guess i'm wondering is my Soundblaster G5 really limiting me. I have it enabled in windows at the highest rate. Is the soundblaster g5 even any good? I use tidal master streaming which supports 24 bit 92kb/s anyway. Not looking to spend a fortune either. Thanks in advance.

The schiit stack is very much worth it. I've been using my Mangi 3s, and modi 2s for about a month now to drive my HD 650. But let me ask you this, you really think that you can hear the different in bitrates? This guy explains very well that, even with a person who has PERFECT PITCH, and a degree in music. She still couldn't be able to tell the difference between the two. You'll need to have headpones can support HIGHFI, or even MASTERING quality, and hardware that supports them to be able to even have a "chance" in hearing the difference. Even given for her situation, she has all of above but she still can tell the differences 100% of the time. The soundblaster g5 do have a negative reputation, as they add bass in stead of just "amplifying" the sound. If you really want to get a better Amp/DAC combo,the Schiit Audio Fulla is probably the only amp you need. Depending on your headphone, but usually better quality headphones need more power to drive the headphones. The way they measure how much power is needed is though omhs, the higher it is the more power you need.

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

What about the Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC(revB) Combo, because then i can buy it on amazon and I don't have to buy cables. Is the schiit stack better than the mayflower? According to your post do you think ill really notice a difference. That is what I'm really wondering. What is so bad about the G5, Interference? I don't want to drop $200+ if I'm not going to notice any difference. I want there to be a significant difference. I read that there is more to the dac/amp than just bit rates and sample rates, like interference and apparently its lower on the mayflower. But I'm not really sure. Thanks

4 hours ago, Cash425 said:

What about the Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC(revB) Combo, because then i can buy it on amazon and I don't have to buy cables. Is the schiit stack better than the mayflower? According to your post do you think ill really notice a difference. That is what I'm really wondering. What is so bad about the G5, Interference? I don't want to drop $200+ if I'm not going to notice any difference. I want there to be a significant difference. I read that there is more to the dac/amp than just bit rates and sample rates, like interference and apparently its lower on the mayflower. But I'm not really sure. Thanks

Yeah, that Mayflower O2+DAC (revB) is about the same. Hey, if you're happy with your soundcard then you're happy. If you want more, then get a new amp/DAC combo. Like I said, it's really hard to tell the different sometimes. Personally, I don't think it's wise to spend another $200 just for a more neutral sound Amp/DAC combo if you like what you already have.  

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."