An advice for next monitor upgrade.

Letme

Hello everyone,

The journey with my old monitor comes to an end, https://amzn.to/2EQWTs2. the monitor did not die still fully functionally and working. but the size which 22@60Hz need to be changed to match the power of RTX 2070.

I am not being able to select the next monitor that I will upgrade to. So, I am asking here seeking advising and help to select.

First, My PC specs are:

https://ibb.co/kg380mW

Second, my budget:

~490 USD.

Third, some suggestion that i like in local market:

1- MSI Optix MAG27CQ, 1440p, 144Hz.

Price: USD. 481/-

https://amzn.to/2EQTuIN

2- Acer Predator XB271HK, 4K2K, 60Hz, (G-Sync)

Price: USD. 475/-

https://amzn.to/2GFlDEA

3- Samsung U32J590, 4K, 60Hz.

Price: 442/-

https://amzn.to/2rZ0LO4

4- LG 29UC88-B, 1080p, 75Hz. (Ultra Wide 21:9)

Price: 324/-

https://amzn.to/2LyZ7vT

5- ASUS VG278Q, 1080p, 144Hz.

Price: 334/-

https://amzn.to/2AjCfvJ

6- Samsung SHG50, 1080p, 144Hz.

Price: 318/-

https://bit.ly/2QQnlYd

There are more models and different brands but that was a quick look at the local market for monitors and their prices, the prices will be near to these for the same features.

There are some 4K Monitors like Samsung U28E590D for USD. 311/- !!

I really cannot decide which Monitor to upgrade, all what I know now is that I do not want anything below 27 inch size as a monitor but at the same time

I do not know if the 1440p really worth it? or even the 144Hz?

or the RTX 2070 will not struggle at 4K with my current setup?

and how the display will look if I set the game on 1440p on 4K monitor?

I have not in my life set in front of 1440p or 4K monitors or played on, that's why I do not know what to pick and I am seeking your advice.

I use my PC for Gaming, Work (especially with excel and big data), Learning, and In near future programming as well. (I do not watch movies, maybe some YouTube only)

Sorry for this Long post,

Thank you.

i prefer 4k 60 over low resolutions with high refresh rate

if you're unsure if you like high refresh rates enough to justify the resolution loss then dig an old year 2000 imac out of the trash and see if you like it (117hz)

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

i prefer 4k 60 over low resolutions with high refresh rate

if you're unsure if you like high refresh rates enough to justify the resolution loss then dig an old year 2000 imac out of the trash and see if you like it (117hz)

I do not care about Graphics too much, that's is right graphics are nice but I am willing to play any game that i want even if it has bad graphics, so that is just a plus to me.

and how you manage the demand of 4K resolution to your GPU? do you have 1080ti or something?

2 minutes ago, Letme said:

and how you manage the demand of 4K resolution to your GPU? do you have 1080ti or something?

4k resolution spec isnt demanding most integrated gpus on cpus are compatible with 4k displays.

Faster refresh is normally the consideration *after* you have the panel type, size & resolution you want. It's an added feature you can actually just turn off, if you want.

But, the first question with Monitors is always: how much space do you have for your monitor?

After you answer that, I'd probably recommend a 1440p display with either IPS or VA panel in the 27-32 inch range.

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Faster refresh is normally the consideration *after* you have the panel type, size & resolution you want. It's an added feature you can actually just turn off, if you want.

But, the first question with Monitors is always: how much space do you have for your monitor?

After you answer that, I'd probably recommend a 1440p display with either IPS or VA panel in the 27-32 inch range.

I do not know the difference to be honest, let me google them or you can give me a brief on each one if you want.

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

4k resolution spec isnt demanding most integrated gpus on cpus are compatible with 4k displays.

meant on games.

1 minute ago, Letme said:

meant on games.

the only game i still play is gta 5 and it seems fine.

keep in mind a 4k display can run at 1080 just fine if needed.

I do not know the difference to be honest, let me google them or you can give me a brief on each one if you want.

Size: How Big.

Resolution: Number of Pixels

Panel Type: 3 major types: TN, VA and IPS. VA & IPS have better colors.

5 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Size: How Big.

Resolution: Number of Pixels 

Panel Type: 3 major types: TN, VA and IPS. VA & IPS have better colors.

Size: 27 on 1080p and 1440p, and 27~32 on 4K.

Resolution: like i said above.

Panel Type: Yes, as i just read now, i will not go with TN, IPS is the best or VA will be good option.

Size: 27 on 1080p and 1440p, and 27~32 on 4K.

Resolution: like i said above.

Panel Type: Yes, as i just read now, i will not go with TN, IPS is the best or VA will be good option.

That 1440p/144 Hz MSI part should be a VA-type panel (all of the major manufacturers have a slightly different design to the panel type), I'd probably favor that direction. Unless you want to go up to 32 inches. I'd really recommend measuring the space you'll be putting the monitor, as 32 inches, when you're too close, really ends up with a lot of monitor you can't use. More of an issue for those with glasses, but it is an issue.

4 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

That 1440p/144 Hz MSI part should be a VA-type panel (all of the major manufacturers have a slightly different design to the panel type), I'd probably favor that direction. Unless you want to go up to 32 inches. I'd really recommend measuring the space you'll be putting the monitor, as 32 inches, when you're too close, really ends up with a lot of monitor you can't use. More of an issue for those with glasses, but it is an issue.

how do you see Acer Predator XB271HK although it is 4K2K but has some cool features like IPS and G-Sync. the only two issues i think about that it is 1) 60Hz and 2) i do not how the display on it will look if i select a 1440p in a game for ex.

how do you see Acer Predator XB271HK although it is 4K2K but has some cool features like IPS and G-Sync. the only two issues i think about that it is 1) 60Hz and 2) i do not how the display on it will look if i select a 1440p in a game for ex.

Should be a nice panel, but the RTX 2070 is really a 1440p GPU going forward. Sure, you can play 4K games at lower settings, but it's really too much at that GPU power. At 27 inches, you also gain almost nothing for going 4K over 1440p. Unless you sit about 50 cm (2 feet) from the monitor.

There's a lot to take in when you are comparing across models. You're after the best panel for your money, but the problem is that can be difficult to figure out. If you're going to stay at 27 inches, I'd think about the best 1440p model you can find in you area, in your budget.

2 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Should be a nice panel, but the RTX 2070 is really a 1440p GPU going forward. Sure, you can play 4K games at lower settings, but it's really too much at that GPU power. At 27 inches, you also gain almost nothing for going 4K over 1440p. Unless you sit about 50 cm (2 feet) from the monitor.

There's a lot to take in when you are comparing across models. You're after the best panel for your money, but the problem is that can be difficult to figure out. If you're going to stay at 27 inches, I'd think about the best 1440p model you can find in you area, in your budget.

will work on it, i am a guy with glasses so smaller monitors are not that good for me.

Like you said, it seems the best shall be 1440p with IPS or VA. in this case i will stick with 144Hz at least.

Many thanks.