HWiNFO blocking sensors?

ChrisLo

Hey

so I've never used HWiNFO but downloaded it to see my CPU Clock speed and temperatures.

However, when I started it and clicked on the "sensors" button, it showed me some sensors and asked to

"do not monitor"

or
"continue"

well I hit continue a few times- totally mindless.

Now I am worried that it "blocks" for example the software of my AIO water cooling from looking at it's own sensor or something like that.

Anybody can tell me if this program blocks sensors for other programs?
Can I see / disallow the access for HWiNFO so I don't ruin my system?^^

It doesn't have that kind of power. Each software is only selecting for themselves. I also don't think that function blocks anything. It just to limit some less important sensors from showing up on the monitoring window.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

22 hours ago, ChrisLo said:

here are some screenshots regarding this, when pressing "Continue" HWINFO blocks other programs / the system from reading those sensors.

In your experience...? That's a bug then as it's not what warning text is describing as action for Continue button. On first it warns that HWiNFO64 isn't capable of reliably reading mentioned sensor and is asking you permission to leave it to other software. Pressing Continue will leave monitoring on, but can also cause unstability, errors and other things. These while HWiNFO64 is running ofc. 2nd is pretty much same, press Continue and prepare for errors and stuff on both software. 2nd just means that you should use Link to monitor pump and connected fans rather than HWiNFO64.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv