No Audio on Windows Reinstall

I've recently re-installed Windows just to clean some stuff out, keep my Drives and PC fresh.

I setup Windows as I normally would and... I have no audio. Windows isn't recognising my headphones as being plugged in, yet they are. (My headphones do still they work I tested them on a sperate computer). My speakers work, it's just my headphones not being recognised as being plugged in. I tried to uninstall then install the AUDIO Driver again and that ended terribly because I've somehow got myself in a Driver Loop. I go to install the driver and it tells me I need to uninstall, (which the wizard does) then install it again. So I follow the steps, let it uninstall it. Restart my PC and it comes up again, Uninstall then reinstall over and over in a loop.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

https://gyazo.com/8d3483f80402ff85f97e3c47fb6c7f3d

DxDiag.txt

Yeah so that's why you don't install the driver manually, you let windows update do it.

Also, are you sure that the headphone output jack is enabled in the windows sound settings and set as default output?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Johnprogames360 said:

The gpu drivers also include audio drivers

Sapphire RX 470 Nitro+ 8GB (Graphics drivers are up to date)

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah so that's why you don't install the driver manually, you let windows update do it.

Also, are you sure that the headphone output jack is enabled in the windows sound settings and set as default output?

No. I always install all my Motherboard drivers manually on a fresh windows.

I am not sure about the headphone output jack. Care to tell me how I check that?

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/139905

Nvidia Driver 417.01-417.35 have a bit of problem with audio for some monitors/TVs

I would recommend the link ontop

5 minutes ago, DarthTom56 said:

No. I always install all my Motherboard drivers manually on a fresh windows.

I am not sure about the headphone output jack. Care to tell me how I check that?

Well first of all, stop manually installing the drivers and only check for windows updates, it will install everything you need.

Manually installing drivers will put them on top of the default ones windows already installs for you, causing issues.

You should only install a driver manually if something is specifically not working, like your NIC not receiving ethernet.

Second, go into the windows sound settings to change what the default device is.

Image result for windows sound control

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Well first of all, stop manually installing the drivers and only check for windows updates, it will install everything you need.

Second, go into the windows sound settings to change what the default device is.

Image result for windows sound control

I can't set it as the default device because it's not plugged in.

3 minutes ago, DarthTom56 said:

I can't set it as the default device because it's not plugged in.

Well what I would do is reinstall windows again so that the driver isn't screwed up, then check for windows updates and let that isntall everything it needs and restart the PC.

Also the headphones need to be unplugged and plugged back in after the computer restarts, you can't just leave them plugged in for it to detect that they got plugged in.

At least that's how it's like with my laptop.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Well what I would do is reinstall windows again so that the driver isn't screwed up, then check for windows updates and let that isntall everything it needs and restart the PC.

Also the headphones need to be unplugged and plugged back in after the computer restarts, you can't just leave them plugged in for it to detect that they got plugged in.

At least that's how it's like with my laptop.

If thats what It's gonna take. Thanks for the help man.

By the way, you're saying I shouldn't install any of my drivers? Not LAN, Chipset? I'm pretty sure windows does not provide that kinda stuff.

5 minutes ago, DarthTom56 said:

If thats what It's gonna take. Thanks for the help man.

By the way, you're saying I shouldn't install any of my drivers? Not LAN, Chipset? I'm pretty sure windows does not provide that kinda stuff.

Yeah, install windows, let it sit for like an hour while it installs all the crap it needs to, then check for windows updates and let it install all that crap too, then restart and let it finish installing those updates, and then check that stuff works.

Usually the default drivers that come with windows or the ones windows update installs will already make stuff like LAN and audio and whatever work as intended.

Also don't turn off any of the startup programs in task manager.

After all that stuff then go to the sound control panel and try to set the headphone jack as default again.

That's all I can think of. That's how I fixed my headphones not getting detected on my laptop.

Spoiler