Which PSU should I choose?

Guest MarcoTheNoob

Hello, everyone.

Im wondering on which PSU I should get.

Here are my bloody options:

1. SeaSonic M12II-620W EVO (80+ Bronze)
  2. Cooler Master MasterWatt 650W (80+ Bronze)

My budget wont allow better PSUs than these, prices in Romania are kinda bollocks.

--------------------

Here is my build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Sapphire RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB

RAM: Patriot Viper Elite 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz Dual Channel

MoBo: ASUS TUF B450M-PRO GAMING

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 256MB 7200RPM

SSD: Kingston A1000 240GB M.2

Cooler: ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW+ 280

Case fans: 1x Fractal Design Venturi HP12 PWM (For exhaust)

--------------------

Thanks in advance! :D

Edited by MarcoTheNoob
Made an list of my build.

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Better to save up more, these aren't particularly good PSUs

sigh....

Well then, should I save up 30$ more for the FSP Hydro GE 650W  (80+ Gold) ?

Just now, MarcoTheNoob said:

sigh....

Well then, should I save up 30$ more for the FSP Hydro GE 650W  (80+ Gold) ?

What country do you live in, and what's your maximum budget? I'll try to find something good. The GE isn't that good

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

What country do you live in, and what's your maximum budget? I'll try to find something good. The GE isn't that good

Bloody f***ing hell.

My max budget is 120$.

As I noted, prices in Romania are bollocks. 

(BUT! Is the Hydro GE better than the units I listed before?)

None of the above. Get a higher end 450W instead. Formula 450W, Whisper M 450W or Straight Power 11 450W. At least one of those should cost roughly the same. 

:)

Just now, MarcoTheNoob said:

Bloody f***ing hell.

My max budget is 120$.

As I noted, prices in Romania are bollocks. 

Sorry, I forgot that it said you were in Romania.

A TX550M is 105$, is that fine?

https://www.pcgarage.ro/surse/corsair/tx550m-80-plus-gold-550w/

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

None of the above. Get a higher end 450W instead. Formula 450W, Whisper M 450W or Straight Power 11 450W. At least one of those should cost roughly the same. 

None of the units that you listed are available here.

The BitFenix Formula/Whisper M 450W doesnt exist here, we dont have any BitFenix products here lol

...aaaaand the Straight Power 11 is out of stock everywhere here.

So, is the Hydro GE better than the units that I listed before?

2 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

The review is also from 2013.

And jonnyguru did do a review on the masterwatt as far as I know, and it was terrible that was the lite

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

How about buying from eg. Germany? Then you can get decent prices as long as shipping isn't too expensive. Like a Corsair Vengeance 550W for 63€.

Good point, tried buying from other countries, but the vamal taxes sting here.

romania is European Union right? a pp11 should be availible in germany. i could look on some romanian websites, do you have any for me?

4 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

How about buying from eg. Germany? Then you can get decent prices as long as shipping isn't too expensive. Like a Corsair Vengeance 550W for 63€.

A RM550x with shipping costs (normal shipping 3-7d) is only about 105e. Tax doesn't need to be changed as the VAT is both 19%.

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

A RM550x with shipping costs (normal shipping 3-7d) is only about 105e. Tax doesn't need to be changed as the VAT is both 19%.

21%*

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

21%*

Germany and Romania's VAT is both 19% as far as I know

Your system could work just fine with a 550w power supply, the video card goes up to 250w and the cpu up to 150w so 500w or more would be enough.

You have these days this heavily discounted (30% off psu) : Super Flower Leadex II Gold 650w : https://www.pcgarage.ro/surse/super-flower/leadex-ii-gold-650w/

That's 422 ron or around 105$ , usual price 604 ron

If you don't mind waiting around 5-7 working days to receive the package from EU warehouse  (and potentially buy power cable separately because the one included comes with UK plug),  Amazon UK has some good power supplies . You have same warranty as buying from Romania, there's no customs taxes as they're shipped from EU (Germany or France or UK warehouses) and they come either at post office or courier to your door.

(add around 6-10 GBP shipping)

70 gbp Corsair CP-9020133-UK TX550M 550w gold : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Certified-Hybrid-Modular-Supply/dp/B06WW8G3S8/ref=sr_1_2?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1545740351&sr=1-2&refinements=p_6%3AA3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

77.5 gbp Corsair TX-M Series 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Certified-Hybrid-Modular-Supply/dp/B06WVWXPVZ/ref=sr_1_2?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1545740351&sr=1-2&refinements=p_6%3AA3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

69 gbp only bronze eff. EVGA 650 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 650W, Semi Modular : https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-BRONZE-Modular-Tester-110-BQ-0650-V3/dp/B01H78DJJQ/ref=sr_1_32?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1545740468&sr=1-32&refinements=p_6%3AA3P5ROKL5A1OLE%2Cp_89%3ACorsair|EVGA|Seasonic

edit:   Be aware that VAT is 20% in UK and only 19% in Romania, so after you add a psu in basket and hit checkout they'll recalculate the prices with 19% vat, so they'll be even slightly cheaper than listed price on site.  Not enough to make the shipping cost free, but it's a few dollars less.

There's amazon.de and amazon.fr which will send you power supplies with standard power cable with the Schuko (or however is written) plug but power cables can be bought separately.

Check amazon.de and .fr but you'll have to figure out the words in german or french to find the product categories.

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Germany and Romania's VAT is both 19% as far as I know

yep, you're right. i actually thought they were on par with the vat here, but that's false info. my bad

I was only pointing out that jonnyGuru is where you go for PSU answers. I cant spend hours doing all the research, I would much rather teach people to fish instead of fishing for them.

Just now, thx1138 said:

I was only pointing out that jonnyGuru is where you go for PSU answers. I cant spend hours doing all the research, I would much rather teach people to fish instead of fishing for them.

Not, it's not. The reviews there are very basic. Also, the point of a forum is helping people out. If someone new to PSUs reads that a PSU has 30mV ripple and 1,28% regulation, how does that help? 

:)

2 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

yeah, jon is a good source of info. he's on the forum here too. the reviews are really good, but hard to understand for most people, even for me sometimes. this forum can answer most questions, the forum is meh