What GPUS can I use on a 320w PSU

Bababababaaba

So I have a 320w PSU and I was wondering if I could upgrade to a 750 ti. It has a 6 pin connector 

13 minutes ago, Bababababaaba said:

So I have a 320w PSU and I was wondering if I could upgrade to a 750 ti. It has a 6 pin connector 

It's not ideal, but it'll work. You won't need the 6 pin connector.

21 minutes ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

It's not ideal, but it'll work. You won't need the 6 pin connector.

most GPUs don't post without the power connector. i wouldn't recommend going too high with it, as i assume that's a low quality oem psu. they aren't that expensive, at least if you're not in the middle of nowhere

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

most GPUs don't post without the power connector. i wouldn't recommend going too high with it, as i assume that's a low quality oem psu. they aren't that expensive, at least if you're not in the middle of nowhere

750TIs don't even have a place for a 6 pin to plug in to. So the whole idea is that it will actually post without the power connector.

Just now, Lennart van de Merwe said:

750TIs don't even have a place for a 6 pin to plug in to. So the whole idea is that it will actually post without the power connector.

really? that's new to me. normally gpus can't post without it, or even when not all of them are plugged in, from personal experience and what i heared around here. but i suppose you have one then?

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

really? that's new to me. normally gpus can't post without it, or even when not all of them are plugged in, from personal experience and what i heared around here. but i suppose you have one then?

I don't have one. but here's a picture of the reference design. This gpu will get all the juice it needs from the mobo.

gtx750ti-4b.jpg

I don't have one. but here's a picture of the reference design. This gpu will get all the juice it needs from the mobo.

gtx750ti-4b.jpg

yea, so if op takes the reference card, it's fine. but even if it has one on a other design, it probebly wouldn't post without it.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

yea, so if op takes the reference card, it's fine. but even if it has one on a other design, it probebly wouldn't post without it.

I've looked up some other designs, like the EVGA and MSI 750tis and the general rule is: 2 fans = 1x 6 pin. 1 fan = 0 6 pins. (What actually is kind of funny, is that one 2 fan model used the same amount of power as a single fan one, but still required a 6 pin)

I've looked up some other designs, like the EVGA and MSI 750tis and the general rule is: 2 fans = 1x 6 pin. 1 fan = 0 6 pins. (What actually is kind of funny, is that one 2 fan model used the same amount of power as a single fan one, but still required a 6 pin)

yeah, that's normally to let it overclock a bit more

1 hour ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

I have that 6 pin connector but I was wondering if it will work properly