Help! Need to upgrade my existing PC, need some suggestions from expert.

Hi, I’m planning to upgrade my current gaming/streaming rig to a 1080 Ti from 1070 Ti. However, I’m afraid that my existing i5 8600K will cause bottlenecking. My i5 8600K is running at factory default. And I have a 600W PSU. I’m upgrading because my monitor is 144Hz and I want to fully utilise it but my 1070 Ti was only able to get around 100-120 FPS for some of the triple A titles like GTA V and Watch_Dogs 2. Any suggestion on the build, will it cause bottlenecking or any issue? Btw I have 16GB of DDR4 ram @2400Mhz and Gigabyte B360M HD3 Motherboard.

Here's a benchmark with a GTX 1080.

As you can see, overclocking gave better results and you might be able to get 144 fps with a 1080ti. The problem is that with the B360 chipset you can't really overclock. In short, it might bottleneck sometimes and to minimise it you would need a motherboard with a Z370 chipset.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

22 minutes ago, FocusedSG said:

I’m upgrading because my monitor is 144Hz and I want to fully utilise it but my 1070 Ti was only able to get around 100-120 FPS

You'll NEVER reach that 144Hz framerate unless you reduce the quality of the visuals or play older games.
Even a 1080 Ti or the latest 2080 will barely get close to that number when you max out your settings and it will only get worse from there with the newer games.

Your current 100-120FPS are more than enough for gaming, you don't need to go above and beyond 144fps to have a good experience. 
That 144Hz is for competitive gaming, where players usually reduce their visuals to the lowest possible settings anyway, it's not meant to be playing triple A games at the highest possible settings because that's just impossible with current hardware in the latest games.

This is upgrading just for the sake of upgrading and 100% not worth it.

But if you don't care about it all and you're set into buying a new card regardless, while your CPU won't "really" bottleneck the card, you'd still gain a few extra fps by overclocking it. But you can't. Because you have a B360 motherboard.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

it's not a huge difference between a 1070ti and a 1080ti, lower some settings ingame that you wont even notice, look at some optimization guide's on youtube for those games and you can save yourself some money and upgrade later when it's a bigger upgrade. and if you want to upgrade something right now you can always get some more/better ssd's or an i7 

Hmm... i guess i would have to change my Motherboard...

Yes, a Z370 board will allow you to overclock your 8600k.  You can also re-sell your B360 board for some cash back.

Have you downloaded MSI afterburner to tune your graphics card?

Theres nothing wrong with bottle necking, as long as its not crazy. Almost always etiher the GPU is going to limit the CPUs frame limit or the GPU is putting out more frames than the CPU can keep up with. As long as you are getting an fps you a fine with at the desired resolution you don't need to over worry about bottlenecking. 

8 minutes ago, FocusedSG said:

Hmm... i guess i would have to change my Motherboard...

At that point you're entering the "is it even worth it territory?" and the answer to that in this case, is no. No it isn't.
Even if you do change the motherboard in order to overclock, you'll gain at most 10fps in some games(not all of them). It will still be far below 144. You will NEVER reach that threshold using you play on the lowest settings.

Usually, when one change their motherboard, it's because they are also changing their CPU. Your current build could easily last for the next two years or so, when newer/better hardware is available.

But if you have money literally burning a hole in your pocket and you can't think of a better use for it than a pointless upgrade, who am I to tell you want to do with it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Actually reaching 144hz is more CPU intensive than GPU, even a GTX 1050 can play at 144fps if you tune down the graphics and resolution down enough but if your CPU isn't fast enough it'll be the bottleneck always.

As pointed out the problem here is the odd choice of slow memory and a locked chipset motherboard for an overclockable i5... if you don't want to overclock you should go with the i7 8700 instead, as it offers Hyper-Threading, higher Turbo Boost clocks while keeping lower TDP and the larger level 3 cache.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)