Tell me why I am wrong

Djinnux

Ok here is the parts list... these are already ordered BTW tell me why I am wrong:

MSI B360 Bazooka

i3 8100

8 GB Corsair Vengance DDR 2x4

MSI Armor RX 570

550 watt EVGA ps... partly modular

some kind of case...

WD blue 500 Gig HDD from laying around stock for installing games

and a 120 Gig M.2 SSD for the OS....

How much of  a moron am I for choosing these parts and how could I have done better?

Ryzen is way better, you should be able to grab a 1600/2600 and a B350/450 Pro4 for the same price, if not less.

Not all EVGA power supplies are good, specifically what model did you pick?

500GB isn't terribly big for games, aim for at least 1TB.

MSI Armor heatsink is pretty trash, don't get it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

not the worst build ive seen..

5 minutes ago, Djinnux said:

MSI B360 Bazooka

i3 8100

MSI Armor RX 570

550 watt EVGA ps... partly modular

some kind of case...

WD blue 500 Gig HDD from laying around stock for installing games

and a 120 Gig M.2 SSD for the OS....

what case exactly? case migh have bad airflow etc dont know anything

sice your build looks like its on a budget i would have recommended going with a ryzen 3/5 ocing it to get better preformance than an i3 and

using the money you saved for a rx 580 thats not an armor edition since those have bad cooling

psu might not be great can tell without model

needs more storage

but all in all not a awful build

43 minutes ago, Djinnux said:

DDR 2x4

Ya picked DDR instead of DDR4 ya goof

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 hours ago, Happycowdance said:

not the worst build ive seen..

what case exactly? case migh have bad airflow etc dont know anything  Its a coolermaster with 3 fans on the front one on the back and a spot for a rad up top which I suppose I could just use for another exhaust fan...

I went intel because its going to be mostly for gaming for my kid so most of the budget cpu reviews I saw put the 8100 ahead of the ryzen 3 2200g... I used the extra money I saved on that part to upgrade from a 2g 1050 or a 560 to the 8 gig 570 which Is the same card I have in my i7 4770 that seems to run any games my son plays just fine.  

This setup also has an upgrade path to an i5 when I can get them used in a couple years for "cheap"

Storage can be added of course but since I had a 500g hdd laying around it seemed like it would work

11 hours ago, Happycowdance said:

sice your build looks like its on a budget i would have recommended going with a ryzen 3/5 ocing it to get better preformance than an i3 and

using the money you saved for a rx 580 thats not an armor edition since those have bad cooling

psu might not be great can tell without model

needs more storage

but all in all not a awful build

• 4 weeks later...

Update and changes... 

My son LOVES his new computer.  I did however swap out the hdd for a 2tb drive that I had in my computer.  I put a new 1 tb in mine instead and gave him the 2 since he will put more stuff on it than I will.