HD 660s Amp/dac recommendation

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Sennheiser HD660s while they are still on sale but they take 150 ohm to drive. Current setup is the GSP 500 hooked up to the GSX 1000 gaming amp/dac. The GSX isn't designed to push 150 ohms so I'm thinking I will probably need to buy a new amp/dac. I'm looking to spend around 200-250 and hear people rate the magni/ modi stack positively but I wanted to know what others think. The 660's will be used for gaming, music, and movies

You'll probably be fine with the gsx 1000. The impedance recommendations don't mean much in practice, because most people aren't listening to these really quiet recordings that require a lot of amplification.

If you buy a new dac, then you won't be able to use the virtual 7.1 on the gsx. If you want an amp, you could do the jds labs atom or the schiit magni 3, but I don't think you even have to do that. When you get the 660s, I think you'll see that you won't be having volume issues with the gsx.

Thanks. In the event I did have to buy an amp, would I be able to hook the GSX to an external amp and then plug my headphones into that?

1 hour ago, an actual squirrel said:

You'll probably be fine with the gsx 1000. The impedance recommendations don't mean much in practice, because most people aren't listening to these really quiet recordings that require a lot of amplification.

If you buy a new dac, then you won't be able to use the virtual 7.1 on the gsx. If you want an amp, you could do the jds labs atom or the schiit magni 3, but I don't think you even have to do that. When you get the 660s, I think you'll see that you won't be having volume issues with the gsx.

Thanks. In the event I did have to buy an amp, would I be able to hook the GSX to an external amp and then plug my headphones into that?