Graphics card OCd crashes games

Geraldino

So ive overclocked my gtx 1050ti and in some games for example league of legend the display driver crashes completely, but if I rin uniheaven benchmark it works flawlessly, i have 2 diffrent oc profiles in msi afterburner, one profile is the highest oc ive gotten and the other one is the one i usualy use for r6,ring of elysium etc, in league of legends i cannot use any of them. 888629569_SemTtulo.png.bd483a3e5cd69a361ddce12c5baab8ff.png

This is the max oc ive gotten.

725365395_SemTtulo.png.002159a8ea48b3599c66d2812cfcca77.png

And this is the one i use more often.

And also, my card does not exceed 60ºc with the max oc possible so thermals arent a issue

1 minute ago, diogo_the_man said:

oc 

Stop doing this, then card doesn't crash...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Stop doing this, then card doesn't crash...

The thing is the card doesn't crash in all the games. And in certain games, I want more steady fps.

Just now, diogo_the_man said:

The thing is the card doesn't crash in all the games. And in certain games, I want more steady fps.

If the GFX driver crashes with an OC, then the OC isn't stable, or the GFX card can't handle what you've done to it.

Turn off the OC or tone it down until you get no more crashes

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, diogo_the_man said:

the card clearly cant take the oc... so if you want more steady fps, you can upgrade to a better videocard.

but then again. maybe you're just unlucky to get that card. because im currently using a gtx 1050ti and i managed to increase the core clock +205 and increase the mem clock +1000. and i havent gotten a single crash yet.

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

5 minutes ago, diogo_the_man said:

Well, after looking at your CPU, which is VERY old and out of date. I suggest saving up for a new build.

OP has an FX 6300 for anyone who is asking.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

6 minutes ago, diogo_the_man said:

That is just the way it is.

Some games don't like factory overclocks as well.

I overclock on some games but not others. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

6 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Well, after looking at your CPU, which is VERY old and out of date. I suggest saving up for a new build.

OP has an FX 6300 for anyone who is asking.

yeah i know this it just a temporary system. im planning to upgrade to intel.when the prices are more reasonable.

6 minutes ago, jones177 said:

That is just the way it is.

Some games don't like factory overclocks as well.

I overclock on some games but not others. 

Ok i wont oc on league. 

8 minutes ago, Zenedge said:

the card clearly cant take the oc... so if you want more steady fps, you can upgrade to a better videocard.

but then again. maybe you're just unlucky to get that card. because im currently using a gtx 1050ti and i managed to increase the core clock +205 and increase the mem clock +1000. and i havent gotten a single crash yet.

Yeah i dont know what is wrong. maybe i didnt get the gpu lottery :( 

16 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If the GFX driver crashes with an OC, then the OC isn't stable, or the GFX card can't handle what you've done to it.

Turn off the OC or tone it down until you get no more crashes

Ok I've toned the oc down a bit I'm gonna test it now.Also I gave the core more voltage for a weaker oc (and also the temps max temp was from the benchmark)

Sem Título.png

2 minutes ago, diogo_the_man said:

I've toned the oc down a bit

There's a real thing called "the silicon lottery" that states that not all GPUs/CPUs are created equal and some take to OCing better than others. You might not have gotten a good OC card, so you'll have to tinker with the OC until you find the right combination of speed and stability.

11 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

There's a real thing called "the silicon lottery" that states that not all GPUs/CPUs are created equal and some take to OCing better than others. You might not have gotten a good OC card, so you'll have to tinker with the OC until you find the right combination of speed and stability.

Ok. my current (stable as far as I know) is +100mhz on core and 300 on memory, and it reaches 1873mhz on core and on memory 3803mhz, and it only got to around 50ish degrees Celsius. I don't know what is the usual oc values for it but I'm ok with these numbers

Set up profiles per game. Only work around all that.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

8 hours ago, diogo_the_man said:

Ok. my current (stable as far as I know) is +100mhz on core and 300 on memory, and it reaches 1873mhz on core and on memory 3803mhz, and it only got to around 50ish degrees Celsius. I don't know what is the usual oc values for it but I'm ok with these numbers

So far, so good. See how it handles under load

20 hours ago, diogo_the_man said:

So ive overclocked my gtx 1050ti and in some games for example league of legend the display driver crashes completely, but if I rin uniheaven benchmark it works flawlessly, i have 2 diffrent oc profiles in msi afterburner, one profile is the highest oc ive gotten and the other one is the one i usualy use for r6,ring of elysium etc, in league of legends i cannot use any of them. 888629569_SemTtulo.png.bd483a3e5cd69a361ddce12c5baab8ff.png

This is the max oc ive gotten.

725365395_SemTtulo.png.002159a8ea48b3599c66d2812cfcca77.png

And this is the one i use more often.

And also, my card does not exceed 60ºc with the max oc possible so thermals arent a issue

Different game engines can not play nice with your OC.

I need to remove my oc on my 980m to play facry 5 stable .

22 hours ago, diogo_the_man said:

Ok I've toned the oc down a bit I'm gonna test it now.Also I gave the core more voltage for a weaker oc (and also the temps max temp was from the benchmark)

Sem Título.png

Try with 10-15 + voltage. Then add +500 (a total of 500) to the memory oc. Keep core at +130. If you haven't already ramp your fan speed up. Try that. I've noticed fails with higher than 15% voltage increase. 

My rig

Asus maximus z390

I9 9900k @ 5.2 Ghz 24/7 (5.4 Ghz benching) 

Evga RTX 3090 ftx ultra 

32GB Gskill trident z 3866 Mhz

1000 watt evga gold psu

All watercooled

1 hour ago, Lonehelljumper said:

Try with 10-15 + voltage. Then add +500 (a total of 500) to the memory oc. Keep core at +130. If you haven't already ramp your fan speed up. Try that. I've noticed fails with higher than 15% voltage increase. 

ok, it seems to have worked she didn't crash on heaven bench. and I think that it's outputting less heat than before(not that it was a problem). ill run some more benchmarks and report back.

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

So far, so good. See how it handles under load

for now no problems yet. I'm gonna try 3dmark fire strike for my load

Awesome man. 

My rig

Asus maximus z390

I9 9900k @ 5.2 Ghz 24/7 (5.4 Ghz benching) 

Evga RTX 3090 ftx ultra 

32GB Gskill trident z 3866 Mhz

1000 watt evga gold psu

All watercooled

1 hour ago, Lonehelljumper said:

Awesome man. 

Ok I'm happy to report that it didn't crash on any of the tests of 3d mark, it reaches a max of 55ºc under full load.Thanks for all the help guys :)