Can you download unactivated windows 7

So i bought a windows 7 product key on ebay. But after i got the key, i found out that it could only be used for activating win 7 inside of windows 7 and that i couldnt use it to create an iso file for me to boot/install from. I know with win 10 you can get an unactivated version. does this also exist with win 7 so i can still activate it.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

you go to ms website. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

and if the  key doesnt work, you have been scammed

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

This only works if you enter a key and OEM keys will not work on this site. If you need to download without entering a product key first, you will need a third party tool or website. I found this thing with a quick search, but I've never used it before.

Just now, Giganizer300PRO said:

This only works if you enter a key and OEM keys will not work on this site. If you need to download without entering a product key first, you will need a third party tool or website. I found this thing with a quick search, but I've never used it before.

yeah, forgot about that... well, it's time to go sketch then

10 minutes ago, Giganizer300PRO said:

That tool is legit. It downloads the ISOs directly from Microsoft's servers. It didn't support W7 ISOs for the longest time due to Microsoft shuffling the files around. Good to see it works again.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

13 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

That tool is legit. It downloads the ISOs directly from Microsoft's servers. It didn't support W7 ISOs for the longest time due to Microsoft shuffling the files around. Good to see it works again.

19 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah, forgot about that... well, it's time to go sketch then

20 minutes ago, Giganizer300PRO said:

Alright thanks guys

On 12/19/2018 at 3:43 PM, Tommybobberson said:

So i bought a windows 7 product key on ebay. But after i got the key, i found out that it could only be used for activating win 7 inside of windows 7 and that i couldnt use it to create an iso file for me to boot/install from. I know with win 10 you can get an unactivated version. does this also exist with win 7 so i can still activate it.

So you need the ISO file for Windows 7, more or less?  But the official ISO download page (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7) won't let you download the ISO? 

If you have a buddy who has a retail license for Windows 7 you can ask him to input his product key on the MS ISO site and share with you the download link.  I think it expires in 24 hours.

You could also try torrents (risky) or third party sites that host the ISO files. One of those third-party sites that provided these ISO during the 2009 launch of Windows 7 was this one: http://techpp.com/2018/04/16/windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links/

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti