Can I partition a new drive without admin access on work computer?

hazeyez

Our company uses a third-party tech firm, and to avoid absurd invoices for something so simple - I took it upon myself to order 8gb extra RAM and a Samsung 860 EVO - 500gb to upgrade my work computer.

(Not to mention they would have given me sh*t about voiding the warranty and having to order parts thru Lenovo.)

Simple installs, only costed $140 compared to what they would have charged - upwards of $500 in parts PLUS Labor. 

Ram installed easily & just fine... the SSD plugged in, and is recognized through Device manager, however it's not showing up as a drive in "This PC"

I figured, I have to partition it and assign a volume / label right?

I can't access Disk Manager, Computer Management, or even diskpart through DOS without admin privileges.

Is there any way to do this without admin privileges ?

HALP! Thanks!

CPU: Intel i5-9600k | MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite z390 | RAM: 16gb (4 x 4gb) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti | Storage: 500gb Samsung 860 vNand SSD x2 & 1tb WD Caviar Blue HDD

Chassis: NZXT h700i White w/ RGB LED | Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro RGB AIO & 6x Corsair AF120 fans White LED

Screens: 2x 27" Acer HA270 Ultra Slim LED | Peripherals: MSI Interceptor RGB DS4200 Key & D200 Mouse

If you have access to another PC, you initialize and partition the drive on that computer, then install it on your company computer.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

Almost all disk level operations require admin rights.

-アパゾ