Cuzzy's m-atx Fractal Design Arc mini W/C build

Cuzzy

Hello, decided to buy myself a birthday present so just picked up some parts for my new build.

currently have a q9550 with gtx285 and it was hating Far Cry 3, so im hoping new build will be better.

• Motherboard - Asus Maximus V Gene
  • Cpu - 3570k
  • Ram - 2 x 4gb Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD8GX3M2A1866C9
  • Graphics - EVGA GTX 590 Classified
  • Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini
  • Boot Drive - 120gb OCZ Vertex 3
  • Storage - 2 x 500gb WD caviar green
  • PSU - Corsair AX850
  • Cooling - custom water cooling loop
    • XSPC RX240 rad
    • Swiftech 240 rad
    • Swiftech GTZ waterblock
    • gtx590 waterblock if/when i find one
    • Corsair SP120 quiet edition fans

20130107_140550_zps45ee79f1.jpg

20130107_141740_zps4fffa7d2.jpg

time to strip the case and see what needs cutting.

Very nice

You should see a significant improvement!

Good fan choices.

Looks like it will be impressive build.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Removed the drive cages yesterday and mounted the front radiator. Plan for today is cut the dual 5.25 bay in half so i can fit a single bay res.

And strip the loop out of my current PC so i can salvage some parts,

20130107_163958_zps139cc430.jpg

20130107_204403_zps4e498c46-1_zpsb507a9b8.jpg

Performance PCs has several 590 waterblocks available, I personally haven't bought anything from them but from what I've read on other forums they are pretty good to deal with.

Cas's spec's(800D):
3570k @ 4.7GHz
H100 Push/Pull SP120's
GTX 680 @ 1345MHZ w/ DWOOD Brack & Antec 620
16GB 1866MHz Dominator Platinum
ASRock z77 Extreme 6
128GB Vertex 4
2 x 1TB WD Caviar Blue
B/W sleeved Corsair HX1000

i use performance PC and FrozenCPU both and had nothing but good encounters with all my purchases

from either.

you know you dont have to push/pull that low fpi radiator, right? with SP120QE @12v

a single set of fans will keep it relativily ambient. this way you can recoupe 25mm is case

space. now your swiftech will need push/pull with SP120QE, because they lack static and

flow. because of the density of the fins in the radiator design.

(jelly, that your is going together.. mines being used as temp for my midi build)

airdeano

Thanks guys. Was searching for a block in Australia so i didnt have to wait too long. Found one at gammods so an ek waterblock is in the mail, should get it thursday.

Didn't even look at the rad fins >< , looks good anyway.

Got the rig running today just with stock coolers. huge difference to my old PC, im loving it and cant wait to start overclocking :D.

anyway heres a pic of how its currently sitting. And yes the cables will be managed :P

20130109_012037_zpse30f4f78.jpg

Ah, didn't realize you were in Australia. Glad you found a waterblock though. Any plans for a window mod to the side panel? Seems like a waste to have all those lovely components and water-cooling hidden away.

Cas's spec's(800D):
3570k @ 4.7GHz
H100 Push/Pull SP120's
GTX 680 @ 1345MHZ w/ DWOOD Brack & Antec 620
16GB 1866MHz Dominator Platinum
ASRock z77 Extreme 6
128GB Vertex 4
2 x 1TB WD Caviar Blue
B/W sleeved Corsair HX1000

im gonna follow this for sure, looking forward to the placement of the pump/res (probebly tho between the rad at the front and PSU) also what pum/res do you have dont find it in the parts list...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

• 3 months later...

Time to update what im up to on my build.
Got the loop finished and now in progress of adding some custom touches to the case.

DSC08014_zps70716e16.jpg

Full acrylic side panel using standard mounting was made by running an angle grinder lightly along the edges of the stock panel, then liquid nailed the mounts to a sheet of acrylic that was cut to size.

20130426_120024_zpsdd06e4fe.jpg

20130426_123027_zps521acc27.jpg

Front panel gettin modded too. took out the honeycomb mesh, cut and bent it to fit where the 5.25" bays are and put the filter material behind.

A piece of acrylic was cut and grinded to go in place of where mesh was.

20130427_230418_zps768bd612.jpg

Am going to paint or vynil wrap a border around the edge to cover where the mounts are glued on. Will get that done tomorrow hopefully.

DSC08010_zpsa70c97b2.jpg

to tidy this up a bit, use XSPC D5 res like this:

325.jpg

so you can use a shorter line from the GPU to pump/res. less tubing, less fittings

and more direct for less chances of leaks.

airdeano

Very nice build! Those windows look sick! :)

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Wow awesome. That front window is sweet. 

looks awesome never seen a rear mounted res but i like it. awesome job!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

once the border is on that side panel this thing will look like perfection.

That pump/res setup would be nice but im happy with how it is now.

Found some matt black paint in the shed so window looks the goods now :)

DSC08042_zpsf1a96cc1.jpg

Awesome build mate, loving the watercooling loop, wish there were red LEDs for the RAM, might see if theres some way you can mod it, its the only thing looking out of place.

Love the placement of the res. Maybe install a small led strip on the top to get some nice lighting and if you're up for it print out a red sticker for the PSU.

Great work on the build and nice clean window mate.

Loving the amount of Australians on the forums.

Loved the way you ran the loops !:D

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

I really like that side panel mod!  Where is your front rad getting its air? 

Looks awesome man.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Awesome build mate, loving the watercooling loop, wish there were red LEDs for the RAM, might see if theres some way you can mod it, its the only thing looking out of place.

Love the placement of the res. Maybe install a small led strip on the top to get some nice lighting and if you're up for it print out a red sticker for the PSU.

Great work on the build and nice clean window mate.

Loving the amount of Australians on the forums.

Cheers, will be fitting some red leds in the case soon and doing some more mods to tidy the case up a bit. Custom sticker is a good idea. My brother has a vinyl plotter so might make somthing different.

I really like that side panel mod!  Where is your front rad getting its air? 

air intake is where i put the mesh into the 5.25inch bays, theres about a inch gap between fans and front panel so it gets plenty airflow.