How much will the price of AMD videocards rise?

As the title says, if in the summer, after nvidia launches maxwell, the litecoin prices would go over $50 or even $70, how much a 280x or a 290x would cost? 

Or what in about the same time of the year, a dogecoin would cost $0.5? or even $1

probably a 280x would cost even over $1k

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

lol no

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

It is impossible to know any of this. Also if a doge was worth $1 it would have replaced Btc, that's never gonna happen.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

You under estimate doge

No, I don't! Go to coinmarketcap.com and look at bitcoin, now look at doge. Then look up the total amount of btc and doge that will be available. You can't tell me that doge will ever have a market cap of 100 billion dollars. I love doge and I am mining a couple hundred thousand a day, but it's never gonna happen.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

You under estimate doge

yes they do my friends I have my own website now thedoge

$$金Trill金$$

Could be less than 5% at most.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

As the title says, if in the summer, after nvidia launches maxwell, the litecoin prices would go over $50 or even $70, how much a 280x or a 290x would cost? 

Or what in about the same time of the year, a dogecoin would cost $0.5? or even $1

probably a 280x would cost even over $1k

You shouldn't only look at the value of these coins. But difficulty as well, that one is way more important then "value" of the coins if you ask me.

The difficulty will rise pretty darn fast, up to a point where GPU mining won't be that insane anymore because you can't mine LTCs that quickly anymore and thus the prices of the coins have to rise as well to stay worthwhile. I expect people to stop mining with GPUs eventually. By this time ASIC miners for litecoins will be on the market but will cost a lot, so I guess that GPU miners will still stick around, but not nearly as much anymore and the prices should come down, but when this is.. I can't tell because I can not predict how fast the difficulty will rise. 

Who know's whats gonna happen in the summer. I might win the euro millions? 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

You shouldn't only look at the value of these coins. But difficulty as well, that one is way more important then "value" of the coins if you ask me.

The difficulty will rise pretty darn fast, up to a point where GPU mining won't be that insane anymore because you can't mine LTCs that quickly anymore and thus the prices of the coins have to rise as well to stay worthwhile. I expect people to stop mining with GPUs eventually. By this time ASIC miners for litecoins will be on the market but will cost a lot, so I guess that GPU miners will still stick around, but not nearly as much anymore and the prices should come down, but when this is.. I can't tell because I can not predict how fast the difficulty will rise. 

Who know's whats gonna happen in the summer. I might win the euro millions? 

yeah, but when the difficulty of a coun raised, it's value raises too. because if the difficulty of mining bitcoins would have been 200, the coins would have costed almost to zero

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

The MSRP of the AMD cards hasn't changed. But most of the retailers are jacking up the prices because of the demand

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

The MSRP of the AMD cards hasn't changed. But most of the retailers are jacking up the prices because of the demand

It's not actually the retailers are far as I am aware. But the card manufacturers themself. I have pretty good intel on this so I am confident to state this. But of course I can not comfirm this with 100% as I don't talk with those people. 

And this is the sad hard truth, but we as consumers only see the retailers their price going up and all go rage mode, while not many people have any insight as who is putting up the prices. My initial tought was that it was AMD themself, but that's likely not the case. 

yeah, but when the difficulty of a coun raised, it's value raises too. because if the difficulty of mining bitcoins would have been 200, the coins would have costed almost to zero

Yeah well, I just wanted to make sure you understand that it's not all about the value of the coins. Sure that's a big deal and related to difficulty, but it's what I would look out for more then the value of the coins. At some point, it will become very difficult to get money from mining litecoins with GPUs and then you will see a whole lot of cards on ebay. When this is going to happen, it's impossible to tell. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

It's not actually the retailers are far as I am aware. But the card manufacturers themself. I have pretty good intel on this so I am confident to state this. But of course I can not comfirm this with 100% as I don't talk with those people.

And this is the sad hard truth, but we as consumers only see the retailers their price going up and all go rage mode, while not many people have any insight as who is putting up the prices. My initial tought was that it was AMD themself, but that's likely not the case.

Yeah well, I just wanted to make sure you understand that it's not all about the value of the coins. Sure that's a big deal and related to difficulty, but it's what I would look out for more then the value of the coins. At some point, it will become very difficult to get money from mining litecoins with GPUs and then you will see a whole lot of cards on ebay. When this is going to happen, it's impossible to tell.

I don t think that these people who bought amd cards just for mining are stupid enough to sell them when the difficulty of mining ltc will be too high

Then another crypto currenci will pe "the main one" and people will start mining that one

And so on and so on