Hardline tubing from front to back

Tusci

Hi, I’m planning a loop so far and I really want to have some of the hardline tubing for my loop go through the rubber grommets in the case into the back (mostly for ease of maintenance). Do I need special fittings for such a thing or am I just going to shove my tubing through the case?

For reference my case is the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

2 hours ago, Tusci said:

Hi, I’m planning a loop so far and I really want to have some of the hardline tubing for my loop go through the rubber grommets in the case into the back (mostly for ease of maintenance). Do I need special fittings for such a thing or am I just going to shove my tubing through the case?

you can get your tube thorough those holes, if they are already there,   they might have a grommet already,

i made my own holes for a larger tube once when i started water cooling way back in the day. i got grommets to make it looked finished, and protect the tubes.

Only question i have is this.   What are you going to mount on the back/top and how will this make maintenance 'easier'?

4 hours ago, Tusci said:

For reference my case is the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

If you want you can use pass through fittings instead of grommets which give a more finished look. 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-af-pass-through-g1-4-black

12 hours ago, W-L said:

If you want you can use pass through fittings instead of grommets which give a more finished look. 

@Tusci this is a good idea.   if your goal is to make a drain port on the back of your case near the bottom.   That way you would be able to have a ball valve (on the inside would be best imo), and then a plug on the out side that you could attach a hose at your pleasure to drain it from. 

you would still need to think about a way to open the loop up from the front (while tilted for draining) to let air in. 

i suppose two could be used as an easy flushing mechanism. but i still feel more comfortable taking the parts off to properly clean them when it's more than a simple fluid swap.

17 hours ago, W-L said:

These look great! Totally less awkward looking than just tubes through a grommet lol. 

5 hours ago, Neo-revo said:

@Tusci this is a good idea.   if your goal is to make a drain port on the back of your case near the bottom.   That way you would be able to have a ball valve (on the inside would be best imo), and then a plug on the out side that you could attach a hose at your pleasure to drain it from. 

you would still need to think about a way to open the loop up from the front (while tilted for draining) to let air in. 

i suppose two could be used as an easy flushing mechanism. but i still feel more comfortable taking the parts off to properly clean them when it's more than a simple fluid swap.

Could you explain the concept up a part in the loop to let air in? I’m very new to water cooling. Would I just be able to have a part of the loop near the top to let air in?

this is a crazy mock up if your case with 3 'radiators' 1 cpu/mono block and 1 gpu.  with a tube res that would have extra fittings on it.   the purple thing at the back is where you could have a Y or T fitting  connected to that 'pass through' fitting  and a plug on the back.

With a proper ball-valve and other miscellaneous fittings to connect them all together  you could have a 'single' drain port on the back of your case, that could make  draining the system easier; depending on on how you orientate your radiators or their design (x-flow)

So if you were to 'tip' your case onto its back, take out the plug, attach a hose, open the ball valve the tube res would be around the 'highest' place in the loop and if you had a spare fitting to take a plug out of, when you did this the water could drain easier.

O11D11111.jpg.8cdb360e839922a967d2b5b4213836cb.jpgO11D-s9-01.jpg.b383c353af2ea3db2aa39fedca0ddebf.jpg