Bad fps with r5 1600

Remikp04
2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

I think you are overestimating the performance in that video.

"when I fly over tilted I get like 60-70."

This is an issue.

3 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

"when I fly over tilted I get like 60-70."

This is an issue.

Is OP using a fast SSD?  Flyover FPS is mainly dictated by how fast assets get loaded in AFAIK.

Also, game launchers are garbage IMHO.  You should close everything but the game you are playing.

8 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Is OP using a fast SSD?  Flyover FPS is mainly dictated by how fast assets get loaded in AFAIK.

You really think an SSD is going to improve fps in Fortnite by 180-190 fps?

I would guess everything is also closed in the background as well. This issue is something else.

Just now, A Random Dude said:

You really think an SSD is going to improve fps in Fortnite by 180-190 fps?

I would guess everything is also closed in the background as well. 

Flyover point of thge game is almost always ass.  Assets are loading in still.  Even in that video performance is inconsistent at drop in.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

Even in that video performance is inconsistent at drop in.

But the fps is not at 60-70. What we need here is a video from the OP.

Just now, A Random Dude said:

But the fps is not at 60-70.

But you dont know the storage solution differences.

Just now, KarathKasun said:

But you dont know the storage solution differences.

I know an HDD isn't going to go through this in Fortnite using a Ryzen 5 paired with a 1060. I game on an HDD everyday.

45 minutes ago, Remikp04 said:

my cpu usage fluctuates around 30-40% and my gpu varies from 45-75% depending on the scene.

This is normal for Fortnite. Record a video using Shadowplay and post it so we can see your specs as you play.

8 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

I know this is absolutely a thing in PUBG.  I know its absolutely a thing in other UE4 games.

Well then it may be the issue but I don't think it is. I think if the OP is on an HDD and then installed an SSD, the fps would not shoot up to 240 while flying over. Just my opinion. If only I liked Fortnite I could install it right now and see what it does with my specs. I have been wanting to see the graphics of Fortnite nowadays. Maybe I will. I did just install Subnautica using the same launcher and it works pretty good. I do notice some hiccups as I like to call them. Basicallly stuttering that comes and goes rather than always going on. Could be my HDD, could be the launcher. It's not consistent enough to worry about so I just let it ride.

4 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

Well then it may be the issue but I don't think it is. I think if the OP is on an HDD and then installed an SSD, the fps would not shoot up to 240 while flying over. Just my opinion. If only I liked Fortnite I could install it right now and see what it does with my specs. I have been wanting to see the graphics of Fortnite nowadays. Maybe I will.

Watch the example video provided.  FPS drops to ~100 FPS in the drop in/intro.  HDD to SSD would mean 60-80 up to ~100.  Not what you had stated.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

Watch the example video provided.  FPS drops to ~100 FPS in the drop in/intro.

I did and I saw exactly that. I think the OP is referring to when he's in the balloon thing though, not when parachuting. If he's at 60-70 while in the balloon thing, he's got another issue going on.

35 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

HDD to SSD would mean 60-80 up to ~100.  Not what you had stated.

We're about to see what an HDD does since I can't find a single video of someone using one on YouTube. Installing it now and my 3TB HDD is slam full. 169GB of free space before installing this Fortnite game. Only played this game for 10 minutes on console years ago and gave up on it that quick. Hopefully I'll like it on PC even though I'm using a controller.

1 hour ago, A Random Dude said:

We're about to see what an HDD does since I can't find a single video of someone using one on YouTube. Installing it now and my 3TB HDD is slam full. 169GB of free space before installing this Fortnite game. Only played this game for 10 minutes on console years ago and gave up on it that quick. Hopefully I'll like it on PC even though I'm using a controller.

I'll do it tomorrow guys, in bed now. And I have a 240gb Kingston a400 ssd which is my boot drive and the drive my fortnite is installed on. And it's only when I fly over tilted, yes.

3 minutes ago, Remikp04 said:

And it's only when I fly over tilted, yes.

If this means when you are parachuting, that is common as can be. I knew it wasn't your storage causing this issue. I just played the game for 10 minutes again for the 2nd time in my entire life and the game still sucks. It looks amazing though so I might give that other coop game mode a go, I'll probably like it. I get a stable 144 fps in 1440p. I'd have to turn off v-sync to see the max fps I get.

12 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

If this means when you are parachuting, that is common as can be. I knew it wasn't your storage causing this issue. I just played the game for 10 minutes again for the 2nd time in my entire life and the game still sucks. It looks amazing though so I might give that other coop game mode a go, I'll probably like it. I get a stable 144 fps in 1440p. I'd have to turn off v-sync to see the max fps I get.

Nice dude what's your specs

4 hours ago, Remikp04 said:

Nice dude what's your specs

They're in my profile. I tried to load up that coop game mode and it said wasn't free. It also said if I want to play it in the future to wait for it to be free. Wonder when in the world that will be. How much is the coop mode now? I might pay about $5-$10, tops.