Fully water cooling a 750D

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to fully utilize the space of the Corsair 750D for water cooling. I am planning to buy it, but I was curious about the radiator support. Because I want to go a bit mental, I started to search for anyone else that have used all the 8 fan positions for radiators. I found out that a 60mm 360 rad in the top would work perfectly, basicly any 240 rad in the front (thinking of 60mm), but it kind of stops when I consider one in the back and bottom. If anyone with a 750D could do some measurements to help me, that would be nice. So the questions that I am left with is; how thick 240 rad can I fit in the bottom, and can I fit a 120 rad at the back (even if I rotate the rad) or do I have to use a thinner 360 rad. 

Thanks for answers.

Ask for futher questions along the way if something was a bit blurry, and sorry for my English (from Norway).

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to fully utilize the space of the Corsair 750D for water cooling. I am planning to buy it, but I was curious about the radiator support. Because I want to go a bit mental, I started to search for anyone else that have used all the 8 fan positions for radiators. I found out that a 60mm 360 rad in the top would work perfectly, basicly any 240 rad in the front (thinking of 60mm), but it kind of stops when I consider one in the back and bottom. If anyone with a 750D could do some measurements to help me, that would be nice. So the questions that I am left with is; how thick 240 rad can I fit in the bottom, and can I fit a 120 rad at the back (even if I rotate the rad) or do I have to use a thinner 360 rad. 

Thanks for answers.

Ask for futher questions along the way if something was a bit blurry, and sorry for my English (from Norway).

welcome to the LinusTechTips forums.

as to the 306x 60 in the roof, that'll be a deal-breaker to most as the position of the

8-pin power connector usually fouls the radiator and puts unneeded pressure on

the motherboard. you might look at this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/74069-update-corsair-750d-and-60mm-radiators/#entry1014771

using the 240x 60 on the floor is prolly the best over using the front air intake as the

air-flow struggles to get through the front plate and filter. unless you are deeply

temperature challenged, you'll prolly pass on the remote 120 on the rear i/o as it

tends to not do much in temp control, adds leakage points and creates tube

routing issues to be aesthetically unpleasing.

I actually just finished out my Custom loop in a 750D. WHat airdeano is saying is very true however with my GD65 Gaming the 8-pin was just enough to the left of the board to not be under the fan so it ended up fitting where I got into trouble was the heatsink on my VRM which was hitting my fan. I ended up having to trim down the color ring on my SP120 to make it fit. So it really comes down to luck of the draw on your 8pin placement on your board. As far as the front 240 I ended up doing it in mine with push pull because I liked the astetics. So far temps are great with my 360X60 in push in the roof and 240x60 push/pull in the front. I am running two GTX780's with 200mhz OC and a 4770k at 4.5GHZ. The GPUS are sitting at 24C idle, 30-32C while gaming and if I really push them about 38C on a bench. My cpu is around 40C gaming, 48C under bench. 

Just a piece of advice, and I can thank Airdeano for this. If you front mount your rad on the 750d because of the way they did the mount the 30mm screws will be too short and 35mm will be to long. You are going to need around 32mm for a perfect fit. I ended up buying sound damping spacers that were 4mm but rubber so the worked perfect. You could alternatively cut them down in size.

Ok, but I think I will go for a 45/47mm rad in the top to free some space for a back mounted rad. 32mm screws for the front, got you. BTW, how much clearance do you have from the bottom of the front rad to the bottom of the case? 

Ok, but I think I will go for a 45/47mm rad in the top to free some space for a back mounted rad. 32mm screws for the front, got you. BTW, how much clearance do you have from the bottom of the front rad to the bottom of the case? 

About 50mm

About 50mm

Ok, thanks. That means I can mount a 30mm rad in the bottom aswell. Any 30mm rad that wont interfere with the front panel, because of the rad tank?

What rads do you use?

What rads do you use?

Both are Alphacool NexXxos UT60's one in 240mm and one in 360mm.