Gaming Monitor

Amitansh

Hi,I need to purchase a decent gaming monitor under $420.Help me with giving your recommendations.

14 minutes ago, Amitansh said:

Hi,I need to purchase a decent gaming monitor under $420.Help me with giving your recommendations.

What country, what CPU/GPU?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

14 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What country, what CPU/GPU?

Country-India

CPU-i7 9700k

GPU-ASUS ROG STRIX 2080

1 minute ago, Amitansh said:

Country-India

CPU-i7 9700k

GPU-ASUS ROG STRIX 2080

No idea then

Either get a 4k 60hz IPS display

or a 1440p 144hz IPS display

Free-sync either way, as G-sync is a waste of money, and usually inflates the price of the monitor.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

No idea then

Either get a 4k 60hz IPS display

or a 1440p 144hz IPS display

Free-sync either way, as G-sync is a waste of money, and usually inflates the price of the monitor.

Can you recommend me any Good one with 144hz and less than 4ms response time monitor as you know our eyes can't see less than 4ms

1 minute ago, Amitansh said:

Can you recommend me any Good one with 144hz and less than 4ms response time monitor as you know our eyes can't see less than 4ms

That's not how that works

but I don't know what you have available

Here's a short list of 1440p 144hz IPS displays and some ultrawides
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=344001440,256001440&p=1&sort=price&D=100000,240000

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

You need go stop acting like that's an absolute truth. I just got a G-Sync monitor and I can tell a huge difference with it turned off or on. It may not be worth it to you, and that's totally okay. That doesn't mean your opinions are shared with everyone. The OP needs to try it for himself.

1 hour ago, Amitansh said:

Read the first two sections of this:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faq-mythbuster/

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

G-sync is not going to be worth the $150-200 premium for the display

Most people don't even really notice screen tearing, and it's going to be less noticeable at 144hz anyways.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

G-sync is not going to be worth the $150-200 premium for the display

Most people don't even really notice screen tearing, and it's going to be less noticeable at 144hz anyways.

That's your personal opinion, not a fact. You also don't necessarily pay that much either.

I'm not trying to sell you on G-Sync. I just want you to accept that you can't speak for everyone's experience.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's your personal opinion, not a fact. You also don't necessarily pay that much either.

I'm not trying to sell you on G-Sync. I just want you to accept that you can't speak for everyone's experience.

It is pretty objectively not worth that price increase as it adds nothing major to the display, it's not like a 144hz vs 240hz display or something, free-sync wouldn't be worth that price increase either, but luckily it just comes with monitors at this point

Nvidia really just needs to abandon G-sync and give everyone who bought into it some free games or something to make up for it

And I can say for certain that people have lived without adaptive sync for a long time now, most don't seem to care about screen tearing.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It is pretty objectively not worth that price increase as it adds nothing major to the display, it's not like a 144hz vs 240hz display or something, free-sync wouldn't be worth that price increase either, but luckily it just comes with monitors at this point

Nvidia really just needs to abandon G-sync and give everyone who bought into it some free games or something to make up for it

And I can say for certain that people have lived without adaptive sync for a long time now, most don't seem to care about screen tearing.

How about you provide some reliable statistics for that, instead of talking out your ass.

7 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

How about you provide some reliable statistics for that, instead of talking out your ass.

Would it be worth it to spend an extra $150-200 to get 10fps more when you're already at 120fps? Because that's how I look at G-sync compared to not having adaptive sync.

He can't even afford a 1440p 144hz IPS G-sync display with that budget anyways.

Spoiler