Walmart Re-branding Clevo Laptops?

So I was looking into Austin Evans video for the Walmart gaming laptop 

,what I found interesting was one of the comments said that Walmart did not make these laptops & that they just re-brand laptops from a Chinese company called Clevo. I was a little bit intrigued by this to say the least so I looked up briefly if this was possible. That looks to be true from what I can tell from their website. They also seem to have a nice assortment of laptops one of which contains some core i series processor and a GTX 1080 

https://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=1073&lang=en , I'm curious if it's possible for someone in North America to get their hands on this & compare this to similarly spec laptops. 

wink, wink, nudge, nudge Linus

Anyways this is your friendly neighbourhood Bonzi Buddy signing off.

Hm... that might actually be true. But you would need to open it to even have a chance of noticing. I'll tag @LinusTech just to let him notice

On 12/12/2018 at 7:30 AM, BONzi said:

So I was looking into Austin Evans video for the Walmart gaming laptop 

,what I found interesting was one of the comments said that Walmart did not make these laptops & that they just re-brand laptops from a Chinese company called Clevo. I was a little bit intrigued by this to say the least so I looked up briefly if this was possible. That looks to be true from what I can tell from their website. They also seem to have a nice assortment of laptops one of which contains some core i series processor and a GTX 1080 

https://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=1073&lang=en , I'm curious if it's possible for someone in North America to get their hands on this & compare this to similarly spec laptops. 

wink, wink, nudge, nudge Linus

Anyways this is your friendly neighbourhood Bonzi Buddy signing off.

walmart uses Tongfang barebones, it's another chinese ODM

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, sicily428 said:

walmart uses Tongfang barebones, it's another chinese ODM

This. They're not the only ones doing it either.