Need help with cooler for build

AdroG23

Hi Guys!

So, i'm upgrading my rig. And the finishing touch would be some aftermarket cooling for my cpu.

Right now, i've got a Ryzen 5 1600 with it's stock Wraith Spire and it's been spiking a bit on the temp. That's probably the thermal paste being dry AF, but i'm using this as an excuse to finally change that cooler.

My IDEAL was to get the new Corsair H100i Platinum... or at leas an H100i Pro but i live in Argentina and that stuff is batsh*t expensive (if you can EVEN get your hands on them), so i'm saving up a bit until i can afford some nice Corsair or EVGA AIO.

In the meantime, i'm looking for some good air cooler to help bring those temps down a bit and, if possible, afford some OC.

So far this seems easy enough, so here's the challenge; The case is a Corsair 570x with 6 LL120 and 2x8 Vengeance PRO rgb.

As you all imagine by now, i don't want the cooler covering up the lights...
So, recommendations anyone? (bear in mind, down here... brands like be quiet!, Arctic, Alphacool, Antec, Cryorig and some other well-known players are NON EXISTENT. So, it needs to stick to the "Classics" like Thermaltake, Cooler Master, SOME Noctua and such.)
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Also, since we're here. Thermal Paste, would you lean towards Arctic Silver 5 or Arctic mx-4? (i'm puting those two down 'cause those are the ones you can get AND afford here... yep, we suck)

well, artic freezer 33 esports one for 30-40 bucks is a nice budget choise

otherwise I'll say the Noctua nh-d15 and Be Quiet dark rock pro 4 are good ones

A hyper 212 evo should be sufficient until you have enough money for an aio

id slap the biggest Noctua thing on there that you can, will probably outperform that AIO tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

31 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

id slap the biggest Noctua thing on there that you can, will probably outperform that AIO tbh

I don't doubt that one second. BUt aesthetics is a big deal for this build and a big ass cooler, while efficent would cover most of the rgb (if it fits that is, since the profile on this Vengeance pro is HUGE)

38 minutes ago, Mephi00 said:

A hyper 212 evo should be sufficient until you have enough money for an aio

I'm checking it right now. Is 55 dollars too much for the hyper 212?

38 minutes ago, AdroG23 said:

I don't doubt that one second. BUt aesthetics is a big deal for this build and a big ass cooler, while efficent would cover most of the rgb (if it fits that is, since the profile on this Vengeance pro is HUGE)

sure, if money and performance matters less than looks then replace the paste and speed the fan up for now untill you can buy the AIO you want

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

40 minutes ago, AdroG23 said:

I'm checking it right now. Is 55 dollars too much for the hyper 212?

55 dollars is *insanely* overpriced for the 212 evo

get a gammaxx 400 for $24

5 hours ago, ears_ears said:

55 dollars is *insanely* overpriced for the 212 evo

get a gammaxx 400 for $24

gammaxx is not available in Argentina... like i said, we are pretty screwed tech-wise

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sure, if money and performance matters less than looks then replace the paste and speed the fan up for now untill you can buy the AIO you want

In general, no. Looks are not more important than performance. But in THIS particular build, the looks of it is an important part of it.
Taking in account that the LL120 alone cost over 240 u$s the pack of three (Argetina prices) and the Vengeance Pro rgb cost another 325 u$s cover them up with a cooler wouldn't be logical.
Again, i understand where you're coming from and in ANY other build i would get a noctua over anything

1 minute ago, AdroG23 said:

gammaxx is not available in Argentina... like i said, we are pretty screwed tech-wise

I stand corrected, The Gammaxx 400 is the only Deepcool you can get here. But it costs the same as the Hyper 212

Argentina... didn't see that, sorry. 

Edit: get the gammaxx 400, it's quieter than the 212 evo and much easier to install. 

yep, sucks to be a tech lover down here.
For a simple example. The EVGA g2 Supernova 750 80+ gold PSU costs arround $10000 give or take. which is like u$250

There's no need to get aftermarket paste since most coolers come with decent paste already.

Can you link us to where you're shopping?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

it would be our version of Amazon.
www.mercadolibre.com.ar

this is AS CLOSE as we get to something that remotely resembles Amazon. 

And, like i said, the prices are riddiculous down here. for the conversion rates take u$s1 = AR$ 40  (the exact rate would be something like 38.7 give or take)

ALSO, keep in mind that buying used stuff in Argentina is as dangerous as russian roulette. Most people here will try to rip you off any time they can one way or another. (not all, of course. But it's better to be safe than sorry)

5 hours ago, AdroG23 said:

it would be our version of Amazon.
www.mercadolibre.com.ar

this is AS CLOSE as we get to something that remotely resembles Amazon. 

And, like i said, the prices are riddiculous down here. for the conversion rates take u$s1 = AR$ 40  (the exact rate would be something like 38.7 give or take)

ALSO, keep in mind that buying used stuff in Argentina is as dangerous as russian roulette. Most people here will try to rip you off any time they can one way or another. (not all, of course. But it's better to be safe than sorry)

You could get a H45 and use one of the LL's on it. https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-760660888-watercooler-corsair-h45-led-120mm-2000-rpm-am4-1151-mexx-_JM?quantity=1

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Would it be worth it at u$77? Whatever i get would be temporary until i can get enough saved up for a H100i Pro or Platinum (or if i have some friend/familiar traveling to the US i'll ask them to get it for me)

3 hours ago, AdroG23 said:

Would it be worth it at u$77? Whatever i get would be temporary until i can get enough saved up for a H100i Pro or Platinum (or if i have some friend/familiar traveling to the US i'll ask them to get it for me)

The H100i is already overkill in that it won't help you get much of a better oc is at all. The H45 is already plenty for oc'ing and there's no need to replace it afterwards.