I have wierd problem with my new NVME

Tefsher

Hi guys,
I installed a new NVMe drive in my system and I have a very weird problem.
After several hours/reboots the NVMe drive just disappear from the system, I cant see it in the bios and the computer wont boot.
I have no idea what causing that and the computer can be fine for several hours and then when I reboot it just stuck at the bios because the drive is not found.
The weird thing is that I have to MANUALLY reconnect the drive even though the drive sits perfectly with his screw.
While Im using the computer every thing is normal and the drive is usable .
I have no idea what to, Its so annoying to reconnect this drive because I have to disassemble my GPU and CPU cooler.
My motherboard is Z370P-D3(which should support NVME), The drive is Intel 660p 512GB.
(I forgot to mention that the BIOS is updated)

Try setting your M.2 Configuration to PCIE in the BIOS.  I've had issues when the config is left in auto detect. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 hour ago, Velcade said:

Try setting your M.2 Configuration to PCIE in the BIOS.  I've had issues when the config is left in auto detect. 

Thanks for the answer,
I cant find this option in my BIOS,Can you please give me more details where it should be?

And also, Should CSM be disabled?(it is now)

Look in your motherboard manual or tell us who your manf. is for this board. Either way the data should be in the manual

20 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Look in your motherboard manual or tell us who your manf. is for this board. Either way the data should be in the manual

My motherboard made by GIGABYTE model Z370P-D3, I am searching through the manual right now

in bios under peripherals look at OffBoard SATA Controller Configuration and NVMe Configuration

Just now, Velcade said:

in bios under peripherals look at OffBoard SATA Controller Configuration and NVMe Configuration

I have no idea what to do.. Look what its says.
The weird part is that Im using this NVMe drive as my boot drive right now

IMG_4140.JPG

Update the UEFI to the latest? Sure you aren't using an M.2 slot that is shared with SATA or specific PCIe lanes with another device? I had the later happen with similar results as you describe.  

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

On 12/8/2018 at 5:30 PM, SSD Sean said:

Update the UEFI to the latest? Sure you aren't using an M.2 slot that is shared with SATA or specific PCIe lanes with another device? I had the later happen with similar results as you describe.  

Its updated to the latest version

I really have no idea what to do and its frustrating to reconnect it every time 

Does someone have any idea? I have to reconnect the nvme drive every 3-4 if the computer was off, but it can operate fine 2 days straight without any problem(if the computer is on the whole time).
Im freaking out and I might just sell this SSD to someone

It could be a faulty slot. Have you gotten a cheap PCIe to M.2 adapter like a Lycom DT-120 to rule out the slot?

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

15 hours ago, SSD Sean said:

It could be a faulty slot. Have you gotten a cheap PCIe to M.2 adapter like a Lycom DT-120 to rule out the slot?

Not yet, Im going to reinstall windows 10 on this drive(i used intel migration software before) and hope that it will fix the problem.

There is a something different to do when installing win 10 on  nvme?(like use special settings or something?)