Photogrametry

Hi since i am eventually going to  work with UE4 latest version free download, the UE4 marketplace assets cost money to purchase, anywhere from 5 to 800 dollars depending what want UE4 do have free assets before forgetting that 800 dollar one is a photogrametry, now  give heads up a lot of UE4 assets are photo scand in real photorealism now i am thinking about incorporating photogrametry is i purchase a DSLR camera a tripod stand and a stroab light flash the big canapet the one professional photographers use and one of those remote controls to take 36 snap shots around the object by putting a object on a turntable, take a shot turn object stop take another shot  turn object stop take another shot do it 36 times, the up load 36 shots also top and bottom 38 pictures of object by uploading 38 photorealistic photos to a program designed to put together then sell on UE4 marketplace, so UE4 marketplace hasn't got these assets, also take a very close look at the V25-ll it resembles a center channel speaker by looking below 5 different shots look at 2nd one it the one with out the grill 

20181207_012400.thumb.jpg.8ef292681c40da88617de3eb5c5d553d.jpg

the picture showing one without grill reminds me ^ of center channel little up arrow up, the center high freaquency, 15" woofer both sides 

20181207_012528.thumb.jpg.6b913b2f6b479b8a9ab47c338c061335.jpg20181207_012711.thumb.jpg.2647992ac769ba828dcb39c65af39efb.jpg20181207_013001.thumb.jpg.542321efbe7a5ecb7508d0730e4a6a67.jpg

So once i get my photography gear i go down to a DJ shop that sells those monsters ask permission, by explaining why i want to take photos for UE4 market place assets, to be sold on UE4 market place for 30 dollars, also photo scan Australian Boab trees, and go to Japan to photo scan a high speed bullet train and a heavily sedated Sydney Funnel web spider there is none of those for sale on the UE4 market place.

So are you looking for a camera, tripod and lights for product photography?

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

There's alot to unpack here.

It sounds like you're interested in product photography, and creating photorealistic 3D assets from some of your pictures.

That's awesome!

Product photography can be such a fun exercise in striving to achieve technical perfection.

I would caution against getting into it for the wrong reasons, however. No one wants to be stuck with a bunch of gear that they don't have a use for.

It sounds like you're interested in creating a few, very niche assets to sell on the UE4 store? (Feel free to correct me if I'm misreading)

With intelligent spending, I believe it's possible to get the right lighting, background, and photo equipment you need for product photography for *reasonably* cheap...but that amount of gear and time investment is probably not something that one sets aside on a whim.

I would suggest starting with a beginner DSLR and a tripod. See if you enjoy the process and challenge of creating clean, well-lit pictures. From there you'll have a much clearer picture of what is required to create a 3D asset that would sell for serious money. Best of luck!

See i have watched some tutorial regarding photogrametry, you know why it requires a 36 picture shots around a object is because each picture shot has to over lap, also another thing i learnt is if i go outside to take a photogrametry shot of a tree, it has to be a overcast day with no wind at all, reasons overcast day is because correct lighting as well as a still day with no wind so leaves on a tree are not blowing around so their are no blurry tree shots, also as taking a picture shots of a tree while going around a tree in a form of a spiral by start close to a tree take a picture shot pick up the camera on a tripod move 10 degrees while move away from tree put tripod down take a picture pick up tripod move 10 degree and a bit further away from tree put tripod down take a picture keep doing that move around tree 10 x around tree by inceasing distance away from tree until whole tree is taken 360 picture shots so create a asset of that whole tree, or go and purchase a laser scanner to scan whole tree.

I was wondering if this product would work well 

20181207_153103.thumb.jpg.1b04632415851857af1724946dfd3fb1.jpg

They use this in Euclidion geoverse

1 hour ago, James Aplin said:

See i have watched some tutorial regarding photogrametry, you know why it requires a 36 picture shots around a object is because each picture shot has to over lap, also another thing i learnt is if i go outside to take a photogrametry shot of a tree, it has to be a overcast day with no wind at all, reasons overcast day is because correct lighting as well as a still day with no wind so leaves on a tree are not blowing around so their are no blurry tree shots, also as taking a picture shots of a tree while going around a tree in a form of a spiral by start close to a tree take a picture shot pick up the camera on a tripod move 10 degrees while move away from tree put tripod down take a picture pick up tripod move 10 degree and a bit further away from tree put tripod down take a picture keep doing that move around tree 10 x around tree by inceasing distance away from tree until whole tree is taken 360 picture shots so create a asset of that whole tree, or go and purchase a laser scanner to scan whole tree.

Yep. That would be a way.

1 hour ago, James Aplin said:

I was wondering if this product would work well 

They use this in Euclidion geoverse

That second product you linked is for creating an internal layout scan of something like a house or a set.

It would be used for something like environment recreation, not single asset creation.

Cinematography Database produced an episode where he used one of those to show how it could be used to create a model of a room, which could then be used to create shot mockups in Cine Designer.

Fascinating tech! Probably not what you're looking for though.

Thank-you, a Nokia 7200 be good enough.

I've used a similar laser scanner to that (Faro brand, havn't read the details of specs on your one though) -- results are awesome if you are an archetect and you want a baseline for building a cad model around, or you want to spend lots of time and energy on post processing (and money on hardware with hidden software costs...)

For my work i do lots of work with photogrammetry, very powerful techneque. I personally use agisoft photoscan, but there are different good options.

Only reason to specifically use 36 images on a round is because it goes into 360degrees as a round number. I use experiance to work out how many I need for the job at hand -- big lump of wood with lots of texture and no concavities, start with 2 rounds of 16 from diferent heights, then add 6 from high up. -- rodent skull (small, complex geometry, concavities, low surface textures), triple the above in every direction, then spend the next week having nightmares about it.

If experimenting for the sake of learning, use whatever camera you have, a mobile phone is actually a very good place to start. Just never zoom during a set unless you know whats going on. Keep with either landscape or portrate for a set. You have a fixed number of pixels per image, use them wisely, fill the frame as much as you can. Make sure the details you are interested in are clear in the images.

You need every point on the surface covered ideally 5+ times (no reference for that, its just my rule of thumb). If doing a tree, you cant get the top bits without using a drone, and trees have such complex geometries, I wouldn't attemp one. In my line of work i'd be looking at generating a model that contained every leaf and twig with enough detail that a scientist could measure them for research. Your usecase may be diffent though.

I would like to know how would do a Japanese high speed bullet train there very long and enormous scale, also i did think of doing one of Australias most deadly Sydney funnel web spider, would make a excellent asset for UE4, could ask those people that handle those kinds of spiders to some how put the Sydney funnel web spider to sleep, and then carefully sit the spider on a turn table then take 36 pictures above,then carefully turn the sleeping funnel web spider upside down then take 36 pictures of the underbelly then give it a gentle tickle then let the pro Sydney funnel web spider put it back in the tank before it had time to awaken, then up load all those pictures to the appropriate program the join it up the be able to sell it on UE4 market place, also another one a photogrametry pictures of a bullet ant, those two Sydney funnel web spider asset and a bullet ant not forgetting photogrametry shots inside the trap door where the Sydney funnel web spider lived as well as the cacoons, also the bullet ant egg as well can multiply those in UE4 as well as increasing the size of them as well Bullet ant egg and Sydney funnel web spider cacoons size of a basket ball have a game where the caracter runs into Sydney funnel web spider size of Earth balls waiting in massive trap doors waiting for a MP walking by to be grabbed at the speed they move, that would literally scare the living crape out of the person playing the game, if you want to know i never gone out and done photogrametry i only watched over a hour of tutorial about it, i only got a Samsung S8 phone great phone, also i don't own a computer of any sort, i only own a Corsair 80plus platinum 1200watt cirtified power supply, i stil have to purchase the motherboard, rams, CPU, CPU watercooler, SSD, video cards im going with RTX on those and the case its going to be a workstation im going for the AMD TR4 2990WX 32 core CPU for multi task as well as gaming and UE4.

On 12/7/2018 at 6:26 AM, James Aplin said:

if you want to know i never gone out and done photogrametry i only watched over a hour of tutorial about it,

i only got a Samsung S8 phone great phone,

also i don't own a computer of any sort

I love your enthusiasm but let's go one step at a time.

Its going to take a very long time, slow and steady, i refuse to purchase 2nd hand computer components buying someone elses problems,, instead i am going to save up and purchase all the high end components, as i be a head of the class, i have been reading problems people are having with their Pc set ups using UE4, i remember one my UE4 will not run properly with my system set up, the reply that person got from other UE4 forum members you need to upgrade your Pc now we are at Unreal engine 4.21, so im going to head for the top with all the bells and whisles, be a head of everyone else, by the time UE4 upgrade i be ready.