Is it possible to develop a 3A game by myself?

buklu

such as dark soul.I want to totally copy it.i don't know drawing and i just know how to play game.Can i learn anything that i should learn within 20 years ,develop game within 10 years?

1 minute ago, buklu said:

such as dark soul.I want to totally copy it.i don't know drawing and i just know how to play game.Can i learn anything that i should learn within 20 years ,develop game within 10 years?

By your earlier posts about simple Java exercises you ask us to do for you, you will need to learn alot yourself and Java is not the right language for that anyway.

Desktop

CPUi5-6600K MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P CPU Cooler: Thermalright True Spirit 120M Black/white RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte 1070 HDDs: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM  SSDSamsung EVO 850 500GB PSU: Coolermaster 550W 80+ Gold Case: NZXT S340 (White) with a white led strip ;)

Laptops

Dell 7577

CPUi7 7700HQ RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: GTX1060 Max-q HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM  SSDNVMe 512GB SCREEN: 4k IPS 15.6"

Macbook pro 2018

CPUi7 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Radeon Pro 555X 4GB Storage256GB SCREEN: 15"

1 minute ago, buklu said:

No one can tell you what you can or cannot do. Now to answer your question:
It depends on who you are, but if you are the average person(like me i.e, i m a software engineer) who likes to read  and work many hours and doesn't have any free time, still you cannot. These kind of projects(AAA titles) need big teams with a lot of professions that one simply cannot master, and many of them still fail. What you can do is to develop your skills and start with small projects that can shine through the thousands and maybe one day you will be a part of a team of an AAA project.

10 minutes ago, EG! said:

By your earlier posts about simple Java exercises you ask us to do for you, you will need to learn alot yourself and Java is not the right language for that anyway.

so i become a famous dude?you all know my earlier post

9 minutes ago, Settlerteo said:

No one can tell you what you can or cannot do. Now to answer your question:
It depends on who you are, but if you are the average person(like me i.e, i m a software engineer) who likes to read  and work many hours and doesn't have any free time, still you cannot. These kind of projects(AAA titles) need big teams with a lot of professions that one simply cannot master, and many of them still fail. What you can do is to develop your skills and start with small projects that can shine through the thousands and maybe one day you will be a part of a team of an AAA project.

can you tell 3A game developing need how many people and how many year?

2 minutes ago, buklu said:

It depends on so many factors and i cannot speak hypothetically.....

7 hours ago, buklu said:

Probably team of 25-100 for 3-5 years. But AAA games are only means of media to describe something. Usually it means game from dev studio which has major distributer (EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Valve etc.). If you don't have distribution contract, you are indie dev. You can make games that can compete with AAA ones, just look at Minecraft for example (some still say CDPR is also indie studio).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, buklu said:

you need to know

scripting (lets say C# for now)

a game engine (unity)

animation (blender)

animation (blender)

you can do everything free, as for time, if you are doing it full time it IS possible to do it in a year or 2, and if you are dedicated you can learn it all also in a year or 2

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Then another few years of learning how to made good music for that. :)

In theory everything is possible. In real life is not.

14 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Then another few years of learning how to made good music for that. :)

In theory everything is possible. In real life is not.

it takes about 3 or 4 weeks to learn music (it did for me)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

5 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

it takes about 3 or 4 weeks to learn music (it did for me)

This must be very bad music then. Or you're talking about some programs that generates music (or mindless minimal techno). I'm taking about good music for high end games (that is what we talk about).

I can be wrong and my years of experience are bad, so maybe just present you work.

17 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Probably team of 25-100 for 3-5 years. But AAA games are only means of media to describe something. Usually it means game from dev studio which has major distributer (EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Valve etc.). If you don't have distribution contract, you are indie dev. You can make games that can compete with AAA ones, just look at Minecraft for example (some still say CDPR is also indie studio).

i agree. Based on what i know from people that worked at Ubisoft 3 to 5 years as a graphic designer to well know the toolkits and methodology of the real world scenario once outside school. I know 2 of them that went back for an extra 2 year programing program full time to learn C and C# to be able to so some coding or be team manager. Music i know a producer and he owed his skill by himself from age 17 to 20-21 so music wise maybe with class it could be faster but 3 years sound reasonable. Then depending on the game writing story might be required but you may already have these skills. Big imagination is a plus. If you have DM d&d games, done improv, theater you might have those skills. Overall 10 years sound very reasonable.

17 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

With a revenue of millions and staff number above 500 individuals, it's not an indie studio but you can say it makes some of Ubisoft/EA studios look indie.

5 minutes ago, Settlerteo said:

With a revenue of millions and staff number above 500 individuals, it's not an indie studio but you can say it makes some of Ubisoft/EA studios look indie.

Some still say that because they are dev and distribution under same same. Plus them only having so few games under their name. But that discussion would lead too much OT.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, Franck said:

i agree. Based on what i know from people that worked at Ubisoft 3 to 5 years as a graphic designer to well know the toolkits and methodology of the real world scenario once outside school. I know 2 of them that went back for an extra 2 year programing program full time to learn C and C# to be able to so some coding or be team manager. Music i know a producer and he owed his skill by himself from age 17 to 20-21 so music wise maybe with class it could be faster but 3 years sound reasonable. Then depending on the game writing story might be required but you may already have these skills. Big imagination is a plus. If you have DM d&d games, done improv, theater you might have those skills. Overall 10 years sound very reasonable.

Yup and then another 4-5 years to learn marketing, another 2-5 years to learn management, another 5 years to learn fx,cinematics,etc etc,the list goes on until another 100 years to be senior in all of that professions and....yup it's a NO. What you are writing is fiction and i am not trying to be mean with you or argue with you. It's just facts. One man cannot be a whole industry by himself. Talk to someone who works for a big company. One person working full time on a project is just a very very very tiny piece of the puzzle.

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

But that discussion would lead too much OT.

Agree on that one.

1 hour ago, Settlerteo said:

Yup and then another 4-5 years to learn marketing, another 2-5 years to learn management, another 5 years to learn fx,cinematics,etc etc,the list goes on until another 100 years to be senior in all of that professions and....yup it's a NO. What you are writing is fiction and i am not trying to be mean with you or argue with you. It's just facts. One man cannot be a whole industry by himself. Talk to someone who works for a big company. One person working full time on a project is just a very very very tiny piece of the puzzle.

It's is possible with the correct skill take whatever the name of the guy i don't remember but he made Meridan new world all by himself. Also Axiom the metroid "clone" was done by 1 man in barely 5 years. And another small one called Minecraft. Actually the whole minecraft engine is easily doable in c# with under 1000 lines of code if you know OpenGL and took me about 2 days to do. Those are not fiction, those a real life scenario.

15 hours ago, Franck said:

It's is possible with the correct skill take whatever the name of the guy i don't remember but he made Meridan new world all by himself. Also Axiom the metroid "clone" was done by 1 man in barely 5 years. And another small one called Minecraft. Actually the whole minecraft engine is easily doable in c# with under 1000 lines of code if you know OpenGL and took me about 2 days to do. Those are not fiction, those a real life scenario.

I tottaly agree, i can also create games but these are not 3A titles.

I heard about this dude looong ago http://onemanmmo.com/ i'm actually supriced he haven't given up this project yet. But hey, he have an incredible skill set in his sleaves. So possible. Maybe. Worth it? Abselutely not. The change you'll ever finish it is super small. The change it'll be populare is even smaller. But yes it's possible to make a massive game completely alone.