A really weird (and major) issue with my GTX 970M graphics card

Hey all, 

I have a 2016 Razer Blade with a Nvidia 970M dedicated GPU. The card and CPU are in great condition and have been repasted twice with Arctic Silver 5.

Within the last week, however, I have been having a major issue with the card. Whenever I start up a game, within the first 5 mins of me playing it, the game will freeze and I will end up either having to close it or force shut down my computer (it depends on the game). What's weirder is when I do close the game, the GPU cannot be used anymore BUT it is still detected in device manager. However, when I try to load up a game, it doesn't detect it, and the same with any stress test.

I finally got AIDA64 to detect it after I restarted the PC, and when I started a stress test within 2 minutes the GPU just "turned off". AIDA64 crashed and when I re-opened the program it didn't detect the GPU. In device manager it shows up fine.

I haven't done anything to the PC within that week, and I even reset windows to no avail.

Has anyone seen this before?

I contacted support, and they were absolutely useless, telling me to reinstall my drivers BOTH times I called them (that was the first thing I did) so I was wondering if anyone had encountered anything similar.

You'd start to think the card might not be seated properly, if it's an MXM card anyway. Either that or it is in fact on its way out.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro