Need Advice With Buying Laptop !

VexKrad

(UPDATED) So I wanted to change my computer , im going to move to canada in a week or so and i feel its a good time to get a new laptop , well i am looking laptop with 16 gb ram and maybe 1 TB HDD OR SDD ,  . well i am gonna study CET over there so i want to  have a powefull laptop .. consider good battery, i7 processor would be great .weight no issue,. like  price isn't much of a issue just want that it should fit my budget of $2000 CAD ,  possible it should be high end lol so ig now suggest me some good one after changes... well im into IT realted stuff and Hacking ,coding so u get a idea lemme know if u habe a good one in your eye ! 

9 minutes ago, VexKrad said:

Hey so i'll be on point , i need a need new laptop with good specifications but it should have 32 gb ram , i live in canada. Can anyone help me out to choose a laptop i have $2000 budget.

hmmmmm. I think @Princess Cadence said something like "put as much work into your question as you'll expect goes in to the response" or something like that, but the point still stands

Needless to say, you need to specify what you're doing with it.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

7 minutes ago, mxk. said:

hmmmmm. I think @Princess Cadence said something like "put as much work into your question as you'll expect goes in to the response" or something like that, but the point still stands

Needless to say, you need to specify what you're doing with it.

Updated the question sir !

3 minutes ago, VexKrad said:

Updated the question sir !

thanks! I think it's gonna be hard to get 32gb of ram in the laptop. I'm looking on newegg canada and everything around $2k only has 16gb of ram. Do you really need 32gb?

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

3 minutes ago, mxk. said:

thanks! I think it's gonna be hard to get 32gb of ram in the laptop. I'm looking on newegg canada and everything around $2k only has 16gb of ram. Do you really need 32gb?

yes sir, indeed i did come across one which met my specificiations but i don't know if that available in canada , it was "HP OMEN 15-15-dc0045nr " and there was one from CUK i don't know they are worth are try or not !

32gb of ram on a laptop is hard to find, if you don't need a powerful GPU you likely won't need 32GB of ram. The only time I have seen 32GB of ram in a laptop was a custom built Forensic Analysis machine that needed the ram for capturing images of infected hard drives quickly. 

SOC Engineer/Cybersecurity Consultant

CompTIA Security+

36 minutes ago, VexKrad said:

$2000 CAD , 

Any preference on weight, display quality and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

3 minutes ago, pogoemt said:

32gb of ram on a laptop is hard to find, if you don't need a powerful GPU you likely won't need 32GB of ram. The only time I have seen 32GB of ram in a laptop was a custom built Forensic Analysis machine that needed the ram for capturing images of infected hard drives quickly. 

yeahhh. OP unless you're doing this^ then you're probably fine with 16gb. Its the sweet spot

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

38 minutes ago, VexKrad said:

So I wanted to change my computer , im going to move to canada in a week or so and i feel its a good time to get a new laptop , well i am looking laptop with 32 gb ram and maybe 1 TB HDD OR SDD , graphic card really dosn't matter much to me . well i am gonna study CET over there so i want to  have a powefull laptop . price isn't much of a issue just want that it should fit my budget of $2000 CAD , 

Either a ThinkPad X1 Extreme or ThinkPad P52. I believe both are configurable for 32GB of RAM and 1TB or greater storage options within your budget, and the build quality of a ThinkPad is unrivaled. If you go with the X1E, gaming is entirely possible whether you intend to or not (think resale value).

*edit: CAD. Never mind. 32GB of RAM will be out of reach. If you're good with 16GB, both should be doable.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

yeahhh. OP unless you're doing this^ then you're probably fine with 16gb. Its the sweet spot

If OP is doing my example specifically, they'll want a quality GPU as well to be honest. Forensics is demanding on computers in all areas and load balancing is huge. 

CompTIA Security+

Just now, pogoemt said:

If OP is doing my example specifically, they'll want a quality GPU as well to be honest. Forensics is demanding on computers in all areas and load balancing is huge. 

I have doubts that OP is. Laptops aren't cheap and 32gb and a good GPU isn't realistic for $2k CAD

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

I have doubts that OP is. Laptops aren't cheap and 32gb and a good GPU isn't realistic for $2k CAD

32 GB of ram requires a significant use case to justify, 16gb is the top end of what most people need. I agree with you on the pricing as well, no way a laptop is going to have 32gb of ram and not be loaded with other high end hardware to boot. 

CompTIA Security+

Just now, pogoemt said:

32 GB of ram requires a significant use case to justify, 16gb is the top end of what most people need. I agree with you on the pricing as well, no way a laptop is going to have 32gb of ram and not be loaded with other high end hardware to boot. 

yupppppp. I think this is a good candidate for an MITX build if the OP isn't moving with it, but thats the point of a laptop i guess.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

44 minutes ago, VexKrad said:

needless to say, 32gb is doable, but not at your budget. You'll have to save some more money or go with 16gb

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

6 minutes ago, mxk. said:

yupppppp. I think this is a good candidate for an MITX build if the OP isn't moving with it, but thats the point of a laptop i guess.

7 minutes ago, pogoemt said:

13 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Any preference on weight, display quality and battery life?

Can You Hook Me with some suggestions now

1 minute ago, VexKrad said:

What is your use case for this laptop? General computing? Gaming? Photo/video editing? Traveling?

Depending on your desired use, different suggestions will have different hardware that will benefit you more. 

CompTIA Security+

5 minutes ago, pogoemt said:

What is your use case for this laptop? General computing? Gaming? Photo/video editing? Traveling?

Depending on your desired use, different suggestions will have different hardware that will benefit you more. 

its mixed i mean mostly i am into ethical hacking and stuff (self learnt) and coding too so conider ime a geek lol 

1 minute ago, VexKrad said:

its mixed i mean mostly i am into ethical hacking and stuff (self learnt) and coding too so conider ime a geek lol 

So something with a decent processor (at least 6 cores), 16gb of ram, and an average GPU is something you should be looking for imo. This will give you flexibility with VM's that still perform well while not eating up too much resources in your native OS. Lenovo, MSI and Asus are worth looking into. 

CompTIA Security+

8 hours ago, VexKrad said:

Answer the questions first, otherwise I can't help you

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Answer the questions first, otherwise I can't help you

i did update within my question inshort i want a high end laptop, im gonna use it for it relates stuff and hacking , coading ig

Are you going to use this for gaming? Or just coding and stuff? That is a deciding factor. I can help you with finding one.

Just message or quote me if you have questions! I might not be able to answer them, but I might be able to help!

Current PC

Way too crappy to even say.

20 hours ago, VexKrad said:

consider good battery

min how many hours? (normal usage)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Cameron Goodwin said:

Are you going to use this for gaming? Or just coding and stuff? That is a deciding factor. I can help you with finding one.

mixed bro , like im into hacking,coding and networking stuff so its appericated if you can find one 

2 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

min how many hours? (normal usage)

4 hours will be fine for me 

6 hours ago, VexKrad said:

mixed bro , like im into hacking,coding and networking stuff so its appericated if you can find one 

I would suggest one of these. It's good for gaming, and should be good for almost any coding and networking you would be doing.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-17t-laptop-best-value-4fj26av-1

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-15-dc0052nr

The only significant difference is the screen size. You can choose specs you want.

I looked at others, but these are some of the best I found.

Just message or quote me if you have questions! I might not be able to answer them, but I might be able to help!

Current PC

Way too crappy to even say.