Is my CPU just a rubbish overclocker?

Hi guys

So i have an i5 7600K under a custom EK watercooled setup. I can run an overclock of 4.8ghz @ 1.35V (i know that is already relatively high vs. what other people can run) and pass prime 95 just fine, and it runs stable in all games except Assassins Creed Odyssey. AC odyssey runs at 100% load for pretty much the entire time i'm playing which is nothing out of the ordinary for an ubisoft game :) however, at 4.8ghz OC the game crashes A LOT! Either blue-screening, hard crashing or just quitting to desktop. It is definitely a CPU issue as when i set the CPU back to stock i have 0 crashes meaning that the game does not like my CPU overclock. I tried running the CPU at 4.7ghz @1.35v but it still crashes which i think is insane. Is my CPU just a rubbish overclocker or is it something to do with AC odyssey (not many other people seem to be having this issue with AC Odyssey).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated 

Maybe you degraded it? 1.35V is as you said on the high side and a potential effect of that is that the CPU degrades which means it ends up unstable after a while.

We also know you need more than 4 cores to run AC:Odyssey properly, doesn't matter how hard you push that cpu, it needs more cores to run properly. 4 is no longer enough.

I mean it can do 1080p60, but not at ultra.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I mean, yeah it can utilise more than 4 cores and yes it definitely is cpu limited in my system, but doesn't mean that overclocking a 4 core CPU should cause it to crash. The degrading angle is a possibility, but my cooling is great so the temps have always been excellent so it would be pretty unfortunate if that is the case :(

Also as far as degradation is concerned i would be surprised that it passes prime 95 (and Aida64 and every other game) but not AC odyssey - very confusing