Any quad sli users in da house???

godsarmy

I was hoping some people on the forum were running quad sli.. I have some questions you quad users ;)

I was hoping some people on the forum were running quad sli.. I have some questions you quad users ;)

i have in the past 6 months if thats good enough :P

No, but what are your questions? I might be able to help, and if I can't, maybe other members may. :)

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

i have in the past 6 months if thats good enough :P

what were u running?

I was just wondering if they had any major issues and if they were happy with the quad set up?

what were u running?

it was a client build that i had for about a months worth of testing and oc'ing lol it was 4 780's though, in the time that i played with it i loved it there was nothing i couldnt play maxed out save for the odd game with bad sli profiles but out of the games i actually enjoy playing which was crysis 3 multiplayer bf3 at the time and metro last light everything was butter smooth didnt have a problem. also tested other games like borderlands 2 and skyrim and whatnot of course. didnt have any issues in my time with it and considering said client is a close friend and i talk to him every day he said hes extremely happy with it and has yet to have any issues or regrets

I was just wondering if they had any major issues and if they were happy with the quad set up?

Oh, well in that case, I can't help you very much. I've never had experienced 4-way SLI/CrossFireX, so I can't say anything. Sorry mate... I wish I could've helped you more.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I have and can with my 780 TI's

It was a mess of problems @ 4.

So right now I'm running just the 2 and sometimes 3 when I need it.

what kind of problems did u run into?

Quad SLI is incredibly stupid, but with that said I recommend quad SLI if you want bragging rights and amazing fps (sometimes).

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

SLI generally doesn't scale past 3 iirc.

Like it's what, a 1 to 5% gain with a 4th?

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

it was a client build that i had for about a months worth of testing and oc'ing lol it was 4 780's though, in the time that i played with it i loved it there was nothing i couldnt play maxed out save for the odd game with bad sli profiles but out of the games i actually enjoy playing which was crysis 3 multiplayer bf3 at the time and metro last light everything was butter smooth didnt have a problem. also tested other games like borderlands 2 and skyrim and whatnot of course. didnt have any issues in my time with it and considering said client is a close friend and i talk to him every day he said hes extremely happy with it and has yet to have any issues or regrets

sweet man I was looking at getting 2nd 690 for 2560x1440 gameplay and wanted to get feedback from people who have used quad sli

SLI generally doesn't scale past 3 iirc.

Like it's what, a 1 to 5% gain with a 4th?

Edit that wouldn't bother me, I like small form factors (350d) and would like to get the most I can out of the 2 slots as long as its not to much of a Hansel and I get an ok performance increases

sweet man I was looking at getting 2nd 690 for 2560x1440 gameplay and wanted to get feedback from people who have used quad sli

ok well i personally had a dual 690 setup actually before doing that client build and it was wicked i loved it :) sold both cards to a friend cause i wanted more vram for skyrim mods :/ sadly skyrim crashes when its outta vram and my mods take up almost 3gb vram hahaha

You know 3 is superior in almost every way right? Lower frame times and better performance overall, I'd recommend switching to it if you can.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

You know 3 is superior in almost every way right? Lower frame times and better performance overall, I'd recommend switching to it if you can.

I was trying to get away with a 2 card set up if I can form factors sake

Your gonna have VRAM issues with games, I would look at a GTX 780 or an R9 290. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

out of curiosity when do u need 3 780 ti's?

Not sure about problems, but I think with SLI comes micro stuttering any config past 2 way SLI, scaling turns to shit and some games don't support any type of SLI. All I know, hope this helps

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Your gonna have VRAM issues with games, I would look at a GTX 780 or an R9 290.

Edit ill see what I'm using for vram on bf4. Doesn't look like I can use evga's odd for bf4 will have to figure out another way

You don't need quad or tri sli for 1440p I play BF4 maxed out with AA at 2x (all you need) on two HD 7950s, and my average fps is around 90 on my Qnix. I mean if you have the cash you can spend it, but I really wouldn't recommend it.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Edit ill see what I'm using for vram on bf4. Doesn't look like I can use evga's odd for bf4 will have to figure out another way

If you want some kind of future out of your cards, I would look at something with more VRAM, in around 3 years 2gb of VRAM wont be enough for 1080p so it will be shorter for 1440p

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

If you want some kind of future out of your cards, I would look at something with more VRAM, in around 3 years 2gb of VRAM wont be enough for 1080p so it will be shorter for 1440p

I have one 690 now and I have the 1440p monitor still havnt figured out how to see how much VRAM I'm using

Looks like I am hitting the 2 gig mark thanks for bring this up