GTX 1070 ti Graphics Card Performance Verification- Is this as good as real?

rlin

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a graphics card from eBay that is the Chinese varient of the Zotac 1070 ti AMP Extreme, heres the link to the Zotac China Website: https://zotac.com/cn/product/graphics_card/索泰-geforce®-gtx1070ti-8gd5-至尊plus. I have been running some benchmarks to check on performance and I am not quite sure what to make of the numbers.

For geekbench, I have been getting around 168572 at stock speeds, where the 1070 ti on the benchmark charts scored 170859, nearly 2000 more than my score. Not sure if this is a big difference.

The more concerning benchmark is Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0. I ran and compared my score to my friends build, which is a GTX 1070 (non-ti) from EVGA. I got 2711 and he scored a 2684 on the normal benchmark (dx11, quality ultra, tessellation normal, stereo 3d disabled, multimonitor disabled, AAx8, full screen at 1080p), only a 30 point difference. When testing for extreme benchmark (dx11, quality ultra, tessellation extreme, stereo 3d disabled, multimonitor disabled, AAx8, full screen at 1080p), I got only around 2430, while his card (mildly overclocked) reached 2474, which was 40 more than my score. I am not sure how big or small these score differences are. Could you let me know your opinions on whether or not this card is at 1070ti speeds or below?

My build is a Ryzen 5 1600 with the Zotac 1070 ti, 16 GB Patriot Viper ram and MSI B350M Gaming Pro motherboard.

Thank you for your help!

I don't have a direct answer but what was your gpu temp?  do you have afterburner installed with power limit and temp limit slider maxed out?

My gpu temps remain at around high fifties to low sixties at stock fan speed settings. My afterburner is installed as power limit is at 100% and Temp Limit is at 83 deg. I also have zotac's Firestorm utility installed, it also has same power and temp limit settings.

I would try pushing the temp and power sliders over to the max.   

45 minutes ago, rlin said:

My gpu temps remain at around high fifties to low sixties at stock fan speed settings

is that under load or idle?

I need to push temp and power all the way? Even at stock speeds? Also, the temperature I am quoting is under load, specifically the heaven benchmark. I usually am at 27 to 30 idle/normal usage.

You talked about benchmark scores against your friend, but you neglected to mention his computer specs. He could still beat you with a GTX 1070 simply because he's using a faster CPU, especially Intel's as they tend to bench better due to their faster IPC's. Look at my RTX 2080 Ti + i7 4770K setup, I get spanked by peeps, in 3DMark and otheer synthetic benchmarks, with, say, an i7 7700K/8700K + GTX 1080 Ti simply because I have the weaker CPU. Run GPUZ as well and see whether it rings any alarm bell. If you run 3DMark, you can compare your result against others with similar setups, it'd give you a better idea where you stand.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

My friend does have a better cpu, he has the 2nd gen Ryzen, Ryzen 5 2600. 

I did run GPU-Z, nothing wrong there. I will run a bit of 3DMark as well. Thanks for your tips

I just ran 3DMark, got a GPU score of 6452 and CPU score of 5177. Read online that 1070 ti score is around 6380, so I guess I am pretty on point. 

Yeah your older CPU is going to hold you back compared to your friend in anything that asks the CPU to contribute heavily.

Updating post- friend just got GPU score of 6428 non OC on 1070 ti. Really close to my 6452.