Installing Vulkan on Ubuntu

Hello everyone,

I'm currently struggling with getting Artifact (a Valve game) to run on my laptop. I also suck at using Ubuntu.

Essentially, Artifact only runs on Vulkan - as opposed to the rest of my steam library, and when I try to open it, I get the following error message:

"Failed to initialize Vulkan.

Please make sure your driver and GPU support Vulkan."

Can someone please help me install Vulkan and get this game to run?

I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad 720s with an i5-7200U, so graphics should be Intel HD 620 (right?).

I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.1.

Please keep in mind that I really, really don't know how to use Ubuntu. I just installed it cause I couldn't stand Windows 10.

I have been told that I just need to get mesa something something. As far as I can tell, I have done that.

There is a good chance I may have messed something up, but I have no clue, so if you have any ideas,

please explain them like you would to someone who has never used anything other than Windows, cause that basically applies to me.

Try installing those packages
mesa-vulkan-drivers
libvulkan1

libvulkan1:i386

vulkan-utils

vulkan-tools

49 minutes ago, sakoki said:

so graphics should be Intel HD 620

Scratch that, you may not have a GFX card that is supported fully

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005524/graphics-drivers.html

OpenGL and DirectX only

EDIT again...

I may be wrong, I'm getting conflicting info

maybe it is supported: https://www.geeks3d.com/20180217/intel-hd-graphics-driver-v4944-opengl-4-5-vulkan-1-0-66/

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.