how would i connect and use my new google chromecast audio?

Lsy
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

as far as i'm aware the chromecast doesnt support USB output, so on that front you're SOL.

if you can hook the chromecast up to the o2 amplifier part directly you can go that route.

I currently have a jbl lsr 305 bookshelf speakers(can be connected by xlr and trs ) and i wanted to make the setup wireless ,so i bought a google chromecast audio(which have hybrid 3.5mm optical port) .However i want to connect the chromecast audio to my o2 Sdac combo(which have an usb input and a rca output for the dac portion.)  from massdrop then output to the speakers. May i have some advice of how i am suppose to do it? and what accessories or adapters i need to pick up? Appreciated if help is received!

as far as i'm aware the chromecast doesnt support USB output, so on that front you're SOL.

if you can hook the chromecast up to the o2 amplifier part directly you can go that route.

16 minutes ago, manikyath said:

ok thanks,i guess a need a new dac?

1 minute ago, Lsy said:

ok thanks,i guess a need a new dac?

the DAC is already in the chromecast, that's your issue ;)

yep but i'm still uncertain which dac is better.