xbox beating pc for boi

So between my friends i sorta started an uprise in pc gaming. i built a pc for £76 which can perform slightly less than an xbox, and after i upgrade it, it will be more powerful than the xbox one x and bring the total cost of the entire pc up to £236. One of my friends wants to do this sorta thing but he's not experienced with pc's as iam and i dont want to build him one incase i mess it up. could you find a cheap pre build which is as powerful if not more powerful as the xbox one x. his budget it £300

You won't be finding a pre-built system for less than £300 that can out perform a Xbox one X, they buy the parts new, and have to make a profit on the sale

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

I'd be careful what you tell him as an xbox one x will have a lot of optimization on its side that a 300$ computer wont have. There may be a few things the computer can do faster however the xbox will be able to consistently game much better than a cheap unoptimized computer 

Just now, Meag said:

You won't be finding a pre-built system for less than £300 that can out perform a Xbox one X, they buy the parts new, and have to make a profit on the sale

I was also going to say that

you can find office pc's and maybe add a gpu but nothing prebuilt is going to be that cheap and perform well.

1 minute ago, Meag said:

well shucks

Get an dell optiplex with a 3rd or 4th gen i5, 8GB of ram (or upgrade it to that).

Add a 20$ 120GB SSD and move the OS to it. This should be in total about 150$

Get an cx550 (2017) from corsair. For about 60$

Get a used rx 580 or r9 290x for about 150$ for the 580 and 120$ for the R9

Just now, frozenboi810 said:

well shucks

May I ask what specs the Pc you built for £236 has? Doesn't sound like its actually something that could be done as easily as you may say it is, especially with what @emosun mentioned regarding optimization

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Get an dell optiplex with a 3rd or 4th gen i5, 8GB of ram (or upgrade it to that).

Add a 20$ 120GB SSD and move the OS to it. This should be in total about 150$

Get an cx550 (2017) from corsair. For about 60$

Get a used rx 580 or r9 290x for about 150$ for the 580 and 120$ for the R9

coolent, im not that familiar with amd, any nvidea solutions

A prebuilt? Forget it.

I'm curious to what you bought by the way, I'm not convinced you can outperform an xbone x under £300 unless you're buying used.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Meag said:

May I ask what specs the Pc you built for £236 has? Doesn't sound like its actually something that could be done as easily as you may say it is, especially with what @emosun mentioned regarding optimization

i5 650 (not exactly the most powerful of cpus but it works fine and performs well), gtx 980 and new psu cus current one is faulty and it dont have pci power connectors

Why not buy a used xbox One? That would be even cheaper still...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Sauron said:

A prebuilt? Forget it.

I'm curious to what you bought by the way, I'm not convinced you can outperform an xbone x under £300 unless you're buying used.

im buying used yes. im a budgeter, i cant afford stuff like a new gtx 1080 or even an i5 7500k

2 minutes ago, frozenboi810 said:

coolent, im not that familiar with amd, any nvidea solutions

Those are the solutions, unless you find a gtx 1060 6GB for the same as the rx 580. 

All the cards mentioned perform the same. The rx being cheaper than the 1060 and the R9 cheaper than both

1 minute ago, frozenboi810 said:

i5 650 (not exactly the most powerful of cpus but it works fine and performs well), gtx 980 and new psu cus current one is faulty and it dont have pci power connectors

How much did you get that Gtx 980 for?

Just now, Spotty said:

Why not buy a used xbox One? That would be even cheaper still...

I dont really like xbox, i grew up with nintendo and then as a poor child not being able to afford an xbox, i decided to go pc as it was way cheaper to build a pc at the time than get a £500 xbox

im buying used yes. im a budgeter, i cant afford stuff like a new gtx 1080 or even an i5 7500k

Then your friend needs to do the same if he wants that kind of performance on a low budget. If he's not comfortable with that, he should just buy an xbone x...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, frozenboi810 said:

I dont really like xbox, i grew up with nintendo and then as a poor child not being able to afford an xbox, i decided to go pc as it was way cheaper to build a pc at the time than get a £500 xbox

But it's for your friend, not you...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

£70 second hand

Lol what, good luck getting a deal like that again. That was a one in a million

Just now, Sauron said:

Then your friend needs to do the same if he wants that kind of performance on a low budget. If he's not comfortable with that, he should just buy an xbone x...

ill probably do that then. however i did that as my first pc and ended up with terrible results. my mum bought me a second hand hp office pc which had a 240w psu. so i hit up this community and put a gt 1030 in the thing which ended up blowing the psu

6 minutes ago, frozenboi810 said:

ill probably do that then. however i did that as my first pc and ended up with terrible results. my mum bought me a second hand hp office pc which had a 240w psu. so i hit up this community and put a gt 1030 in the thing which ended up blowing the psu

You can check back here when you decided what parts to buy to make sure there's nothing atrocious in it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*