Keyboard Conundrum!

D3monw3st

Hello,

I currently have a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014, and I've been using this keyboard since release. Unfortunately, a lot of my keys have begun to give up on me and the switches seem to have something stuck within. I've been browsing for a tournament edition keyboard, and I really like how durable my logitech g502 mouse has been (since 2014) as it's still working. 

I'm eyeing the G512 Carbon and was wondering if the tactile keys would be the most similar? I really like the keyboard design as there's no outer casing around each key, so it'll be very easy to clean. I don't like how the fat extra number pad is there, and was wondering if there are any keyboards like this w/o that number pad? 

I was also wondering what the difference between the G512 Carbon and the GPro Mechanical Keyboard

Additionally, what's the difference between the G512 and the G513. They look the exact same, except that the G513 has a rest? 

Does the logitech pro keyboard and the logitech g512 use the same key? I like how the pro keyboard is tenkeyless, but the design of the g512 doesn't have the case around the keycaps. Would that cause a big problem for cleaning and dust getting trapped in?

Thank you!

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

• 2 weeks later...
  1. cherry switches is no longer bulletproof like they used to be, some chinese clones now can do better job and cheaper.
  2. omron romer-g sucks. not recommend.
  3. take a look at ikbc, a no frill brand that produce good entry level keyboards with cherry switches and pbt caps. (plus being oem design it's hight moddable)

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!