Does installing MacOS Mojave on non-apple hardware wipe selected disk on install?

I am going to try and dual-boot Windows 10 and MacOS Mojave (This isn't on a Mac). Does the installer wipe the disk, removing Windows and installing Windows after mac OS?

Use a separate disk for dual booting. You'll save yourself a lot of hassle. Just grab a 240GB SSD for like $40-50 and use that.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Use a partition manager that supports both NTFS and HFS+ (I recommend GParted), then shrink the NTFS volume, then create the HFS+ partition

Even then, it is a better idea to use a seperate drive

🙂

just keep things simple and use another drive 

also if you have a Nvidia GPU they haven't released drivers yet so avoid it for now and stick with high sierria 

4 hours ago, duncannah said:

Use a partition manager that supports both NTFS and HFS+ (I recommend GParted), then shrink the NTFS volume, then create the HFS+ partition

Even then, it is a better idea to use a seperate drive

I'm not familiar with running macOS on unsupported hardware but but mojave uses APFS.

3 hours ago, Umberto said:

I'm not familiar with running macOS on unsupported hardware but but mojave uses APFS.

The installer should convert it to APFS

🙂

I think hackintosh is disallowed to talk about on this forum? But no, macOS will not erase other partitions if configured properly, that is, GUID partition table with a at least 200MB EFI system partition. If you try to install Mojave to a HFS partition on a SSD, Mojave will convert it to APFS during the process, but this won't affect other partitions.