RGB Controller

CoinDuckling369

Dear LinusTechTips Community, 

I bought some of components on an Craigslist alternative in my country. 

I bought an HP Pro 3500 MT motherboard, i3 3320, 4 gb ddr3 and a GTX 970 for €65. I want to build the components inside an case with side panel window and rgb lights inside. I do not want to waste much money on it so I found some cheap rgb fans, led strips and rgb ram heatsinks on aliexpress. They all have regular rgb connectors and are compatible with ASUS Aura, MSI Mystic Light and Gigabyte RGB Fusion etc. 

But my HP motherboard does not have such an rgb header. So I was wondering. What kind of controller could I buy to power all the rgb leds?

Thanks,

~Sven

9 hours ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Dear LinusTechTips Community, 

I bought some of components on an Craigslist alternative in my country. 

I bought an HP Pro 3500 MT motherboard, i3 3320, 4 gb ddr3 and a GTX 970 for €65. I want to build the components inside an case with side panel window and rgb lights inside. I do not want to waste much money on it so I found some cheap rgb fans, led strips and rgb ram heatsinks on aliexpress. They all have regular rgb connectors and are compatible with ASUS Aura, MSI Mystic Light and Gigabyte RGB Fusion etc. 

But my HP motherboard does not have such an rgb header. So I was wondering. What kind of controller could I buy to power all the rgb leds?

Thanks,

~Sven

For standard analog RGB you can use any basic RGB type controller such as theses:

https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Remote-Controller-Wireless-Control/dp/B07GDGDTYS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1541911547&sr=8-3

4 hours ago, W-L said:

All right,

Thanks for your reply 

But is there also some kind of software controller?

10 hours ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

All right,

Thanks for your reply 

But is there also some kind of software controller?

Depends on the solution you are looking for, if you are looking at addressable type solutions that use software you will be looking at units like the NZXT hue + or Corsair's lighting node pro.

On 11/11/2018 at 8:56 PM, W-L said:

Depends on the solution you are looking for, if you are looking at addressable type solutions that use software you will be looking at units like the NZXT hue + or Corsair's lighting node pro.

Yeah, but they are really expensive so I will just fabricate something with an Arduino

thank for you help btw

14 hours ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Yeah, but they are really expensive so I will just fabricate something with an Arduino

thank for you help btw

If you're interested it making on DIY style here is guide for it. 

8 hours ago, W-L said:

If you're interested it making on DIY style here is guide for it. 

Allright, thank you