YouTube videos are loading INSANELY slow now for me :/

TopWargamer

T4R

I have no idea why this is happening, because it never did before. I have an awesome internet connection too (75 down, 35 up). I reset my router today to see if that would help, and it didn't. I tried watching a video in Chrome (my main browser), Firefox, and Opera, nothing changed among them.

And usually I can I can load 1080p YouTube videos without the video ever buffering or for me to wait for it to load. So now I try loading videos in 240p...and it still is loading extremely slow! Like it will take a good 2 hours or so for a video to load up all the (trust me, I tested the time). So....this is REALLY strange.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on and how I can fix it?

COMIC SANS

Is this only through youtube.com that you have the issue or embedded videos too?

You're firewall maybe ? Have you changed it recently ? Try monitoring your traffic, maybe you got a virus or something.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Is this only through youtube.com that you have the issue or embedded videos too?
I don't really come across any embedded videos, so I can't really say on that part.

COMIC SANS

Have you used up your plans quota?
I'm with Verizon, and they don't have a quota.

COMIC SANS

You're firewall maybe ? Have you changed it recently ? Try monitoring your traffic, maybe you got a virus or something.
No, I've made no firewall changes recently, and I don't have any viruses, just scanned using Malwarebytes.

COMIC SANS

Same thing happening with my youtube videos lately. Same plan as yours, Fios 75/35. ISP Throttling maybe? Only thing I can come up with.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I get this problem sometimes too. Try clearing your internet browser's cache. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's something else.

Ive heard something about ISP's blocking some IP's that helped YouTube and other streaming services. This in turn slows down the speed at which you recieve the data. Just a something I read somewhere though and I have not gone much into it, just know that it has been happening to a lot of people.

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC GHz Edition | Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

Try right clicking I video and changing the memory settings to give java as much memory as it wants.. Not sure why, but it occasionally solves a similar issue for my friends.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

same thing happening to me.

25 down 5 up .comcast.

try using this kind of proxy thing.

http://www.proxfree.com/youtube-proxy.php

just input the url of the youtube video and it should load fine if the isp is the issue.

for me every now and again videos plain and simple don't buffer,and other times they buffer instantly on 1080p.and putting the url into this makes the video load instantly even when youtube otherwise isn't bufferin,to change the quality of the video look under the video,there will be hyperlinks that say 240p,360p,480p,720p,1080p and just click on which one you want.

my speedtest.net results say that my speeds are the same when YT works and when it doesn't,so idk what it actually is.

tried different browsers,different computers,and apparently some of my friends are having this issue as well with other isps like quest and centurylink.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

25 down 5 up .comcast.

just input the url of the youtube video and it should load fine if the isp is the issue.

for me every now and again videos plain and simple don't buffer,and other times they buffer instantly on 1080p.and putting the url into this makes the video load instantly even when youtube otherwise isn't bufferin,to change the quality of the video look under the video,there will be hyperlinks that say 240p,360p,480p,720p,1080p and just click on which one you want.

my speedtest.net results say that my speeds are the same when YT works and when it doesn't,so idk what it actually is.

tried different browsers,different computers,and apparently some of my friends are having this issue as well with other isps like quest and centurylink.

That linked worked! Thanks!

COMIC SANS

25 down 5 up .comcast.

glad it worked,but that most likely means that your ISP is the issue,so you're kinda screwed ;)
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Call up your ISP and abuse them for a few hours and maybe, just maybe, they'll do something about it :P

*edit: I was joking, they won't help you at all ^__^

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Call up your ISP and abuse them for a few hours and maybe, just maybe, they'll do something about it :P

*edit: I was joking, they won't help you at all ^__^

I saw a post about how somebody found a way to prevent it using a firewall

http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/13kmvd/have_time_warner_internet_but_can_barely_stream/

but I don't really get what they mean,and I don't care enough about it to look at it more seriously than a quick once over glance.

Linus Sebastian said:

Luckily this young nice man over a teksyndicate made a tutorial on blocking the cache server that your ISP shits on you with :D

Source: http://teksyndicate.com/forum/general-discussion/how-speed-youtube-buffering-blocking-cache/128686

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Luckily this young nice man over a teksyndicate made a tutorial on blocking the cache server that your ISP shits on you with :D

Source: http://teksyndicate.com/forum/general-discussion/how-speed-youtube-buffering-blocking-cache/128686

thanks
Linus Sebastian said:

I do remember that it was doing the same thing to me though, now it's gone and I don't know why, sorry.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1